onLoad or onOpen or something like that

Doc requests, organization, and submissions

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

OrigSyn
Cave Troll

onLoad or onOpen or something like that

Post by OrigSyn »

I was reading an article either here or on the documentation site and I remember clearly reading something that sounded like this: "you can get this to work when the campaign loads using the <insert function here>," but I cannot find that article, nor a referenced function in the documentation.

I thought it was something like onLoad or onOpen. I was hoping to get it to open several frames in my players' screens. Right now, I've got a macro that does that, but they still have to press it. Just trying to make things easier for them.
When all else fails, move a pawn.

mfrizzell
Dragon

Re: onLoad or onOpen or something like that

Post by mfrizzell »

What your looking for is onCampaignLoad. Unfortunately I can't find it in the wiki, so I can't point you to it.
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Searching the wiki found it. It's right here: onCampaignLoad.

But without knowing what it was it would've been tough to find. :|

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Azhrei wrote:Searching the wiki found it. It's right here: onCampaignLoad.

man that thing is really hidden. Shouldn't it also just be in the 'functions' list?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

wolph42 wrote:
Azhrei wrote:Searching the wiki found it. It's right here: onCampaignLoad.

man that thing is really hidden. Shouldn't it also just be in the 'functions' list?
It's not a function, though. Unless you want to create some kind of special category for it. Maybe check to see where Joe put the onTokenMoved macros?

Or if he didn't put them in a particular category, then create a new one for auto-invoked macros or some other name...

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

True, its not a 'function' still I (and I suppose others) either search or wade through the functions list looking for what they need. You could also maybe go for an index or glossary, but that would be more then just a small addition.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Yea... I would suggest a top level item named "MapTool 'Events'" or something like that. All of the on* functions should go into there with examples(onChangeSelection, etc)
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Return to “Documentation Requests/Discussion”