Application Launching Macro?

Doc requests, organization, and submissions

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

EsteBeatDown
Kobold

Application Launching Macro?

Post by EsteBeatDown »

Hello everyone. This is actually my first time posting here, so please be gentle...

So I started using MapTools about a month ago for my Sci-Fi Pathfinder MOD that I have been creating over the past few months and it's been a blast. I use maptools mainly just for map creation. What I do is I create the campaign map in maptools and then start a lan server on my laptop. The party leader then connects to the server with his laptop and then plugs into a top down projector which then projects the map onto a large white surface that people can place their physical tokens on. I still create token layers in maptools using a picture of a players real life token to use as a place holder on the map when the map needs to be moved. Anyways, because of the way I have set things up, I really have had no use for macros, since we basically use maptools as an enhancement to our tabletop gaming.

However, I've recently created some power point presentations that I wanted to incorporate into my campaigns in order to add to the story progression. Kind of like a cut scene in a video game that is triggered when a player completes a goal. I was hoping if one of you fine people could inform me if it is possible to create a macro in maptools that would launch the power point presentation when a certain token/object layer is clicked on by a player. And if so, maybe also help me in creating the macro, as I don't have any previous experience in that?

Help a fellow maptooler out? Thanks for your time guys and gals!

EsteBeatDown

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Application Launching Macro?

Post by wolph42 »

as far as I know the only 'outside world connection' MT has is running an hyperlink. So it's possible to start a webpage running Outside of mt. But no more then that. So if you can somehow get you presentation online, that would work. Maybe it's also possible to drag your ptt into iExplorer and then copy the URL into MT to run. By you'll have to test that.

The alternative is doing it inside of mt, in which case you would need handouts, dialogs and timers. In this case you would create a sort of ppt by showing timed token handouts.

EsteBeatDown
Kobold

Post by EsteBeatDown »

wolph42 wrote:as far as I know the only 'outside world connection' MT has is running an hyperlink. So it's possible to start a webpage running Outside of mt. But no more then that. So if you can somehow get you presentation online, that would work. Maybe it's also possible to drag your ptt into iExplorer and then copy the URL into MT to run. By you'll have to test that.

The alternative is doing it inside of mt, in which case you would need handouts, dialogs and timers. In this case you would create a sort of ppt by showing timed token handouts.
Great. I'm able to put my presentations online, no problem. But this next question is going to sound really stupid.

How do I create a hyperlink in maptools? I've searched everywhere for the option but I can't find it....

EsteBeatDown

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Pretty easy, just type the URL into chat or into a macro. I believe MT will just treat it as a link, so:

http://www.mydomain.com/mypresentation.html

If that doesn't work, then try the http tag like:

<a src="http://www.mydomain.com/mypresentation.html">Click here for space madness!</a>
-Jamz

Return to “Documentation Requests/Discussion”