[Guide] Maptools for Android | Confirmed Working+Easy Script

Doc requests, organization, and submissions

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

S0AndS0
Cave Troll

Re: [Guide] Maptools for Android | Confirmed Working+Easy Sc

Post by S0AndS0 »

BearFather wrote:Been looking at this post for about a month and finally decided to plunge in and get this to work. I got Linux installed, and working(awesome I'm a Linux nut). So been playing in that got it all fined tuned to my liking.

So went to try to get java installed, with your tutorial and scripts. And hit a few problems.

First off this is on a ASUS MeMo Pad HD7, with Debian squeeze install from Debian kit.

Running the script I get:
root@android-6e239197478b51b2:/home/bearfather# ./JavaARM_Installer_now_with_jApps.sh
: No such file or directoryh_jApps.sh: line 1: #!/bin/bash
you can update this script from the following link
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uLe ... cslist_api
As Always happy hacking and modding
and the author can be contacted through
Google at Michael NA and
XDA at S0AndS0
for any help or concerns
: command not found_now_with_jApps.sh: line 9: {
Are you sure? [Y/n]Y
': not a valid identifierith_jApps.sh: line 16: read: `response
'/JavaARM_Installer_now_with_jApps.sh: line 17: syntax error near unexpected token `in
'/JavaARM_Installer_now_with_jApps.sh: line 17: `case "$response" in

So knowing some bash I look at your script and see it's banging out on the first case. So I comment out the yes or no cause I want to run this. Then I get this...

root@android-6e239197478b51b2:/home/bearfather# ./JavaARM_Installer_now_with_jApps.sh
: No such file or directoryh_jApps.sh: line 1: #!/bin/bash
you can update this script from the following link
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uLe ... cslist_api
As Always happy hacking and modding
and the author can be contacted through
Google at Michael NA and
XDA at S0AndS0
for any help or concerns
: command not found_now_with_jApps.sh: line 9: {
: command not found_now_with_jApps.sh: line 27: }

You are root.
Your home directory is /root.

If you are reading this message,
critical environmental variables have been set.
creating a list of packages to install to your system
creating a list of alternatives to install for JDK tools to your system
Creating script to compile the JRE/JDK description file named .java-7-oracle.jinfo to use with update-java-alternatives
Now writing Java7_Activator
./JavaARM_Installer_now_with_jApps.sh: line 517: warning: here-document at line 234 delimited by end-of-file (wanted `EOF')
: No such file or directory
root@android-6e239197478b51b2:/home/bearfather#

I even tried messing with the first line cause it's popping out a weird error on #!/bin/bash.
The scripts for some reason (multiple reasons actually) have stopped working, first it was the syntax highlighting that the editor I was using that was causing issues, now it looks to be the characters used for the caragereturn that is fouling things up. I've tomorrow off and will get to correcting the issues and the spelling in this response (on my phone right now on lunch) and let you know when it's been fixed.
In the mean time, as you're a Linux nut, if you pull up the script in a text editor you can try manually entering the commands line by line :( sorry that after a month you've got errors.
I'm glad that root and dual booting didn't cause any issues and on the positive side of news I've been working on an android app to make things easier... provided that I don't make errors like in the install script ;)

Update; after some reworking the punctuation (looks like that's one issue) I think this script should work. I've tested on my myTouch and it seems to work, I'm now downloading from the following link and testing on another device
https://app.box.com/s/vp8rhwoslfz8kut2weye
I'll update in a few minutes with if it works.
Update: on my other device, a Sero 7" pro, the SD (either) can't be read by a normal Linux user so I made some further modifications and uploaded another version
https://app.box.com/s/jj4b2ofwugz58dczfgxu
Note though; this version is for Java version 7u45 soft float and I had to move the tar to a folder that could be seen by a normal Linux user "/$HOME/ADev" all the editing between these two versions happens between lines 190-203 and it should be easy to see where you'll want to edit yours so that the script points to the correct version and folder. I'm going to kick on my PC and clean up this post some; let me know if you run into more errors please.

Edit: Corrected some of the spelling in response and added this following note on how to use the new installer scripts. This script (both of the new ones) are a bit different than the ones previous, they will prompt for more than just maptools installation. So for maptools first choose option "1" and complete the installation of Java from source then re-run the ARM_Modder script to choose the option that corresponds to Maptools to run that script... oh and be sure to use the "download" button when getting any of these scripts from drop box because the syntax highlighting that is in the preview will carry over if you just copy past from the web view. Also be sure to run these scripts from within the linux file structure "$HOME/somefolder" because you'll need to give them permission to execute, this is because of the Android OS preventing certain permissions on folders/files on "external" memory.
so step one though n
1. donwnload from one of the above links
2. copy over to a folder Linux can manipulate
3. set permissions to execute
4. run in terminal window on Linux (I prefer a normal Linux user over using root)
5. choose yes a few times and "1" for installing Java
6. re-run script and choose option "2" for installing Maptools
7. Run maptools and enjoy
~ if the version of java you have is different then change the lines referring to the version by opening with leefpad on Linux and use the "Replace" option to search for "7u21" or "7u45" and change to the version that corresponds to the version that you've downloaded.
~ if you're Linux user can't find the Java tar file then edit line "193" where it says "$HOME/ADev" or "/sdcard/download" and change it to mach where the tar file was downloaded. Sometimes moving the tar file to the Linux "home" directory and changing that line to point there will solve all problems with the script not finding the file correctly.

Update: the option "2" looks to be still broken but I have downloaded and extracted the latest version of maptools and can confirm that option "1" did indeed install Java correctly so for the mean time just install maptools manually and run the jar file within with "java -jar /home/user/maptools(version).jar" and it should work just fine.
I have ported Maptools Mobile for Android.
link to guide to do it yourself step by step
Maptools on ARM (Android & Pi)
or
rptools [Guide] thread
link to script to use after using section 1 of above guide
My github Repos
You may contact me through the document that I'm writing or though email or through one of the mirrors that I've posted this information on for public viewing such as XDA Developers or through PM through this very site.

BearFather
Cave Troll

Post by BearFather »

I tried to break your scripts down but got stuck on the actual install of java:
sudo apt-get install -y libc6-armel
sudo apt-get install -y libsfgcc1
sudo apt-get install -y libsfstdc++6

It would tell me it couldn't find the packages. Now installing java on normal Linux is just as hard. What I did do is use OpenJava and use the ppa method to install it. 3 or so commands and I had java running. I got maptools running but is very sluggish on large maps with lots of macros and trees in it. I can move the tokens around ok, but scrolling and panning of the map is extremely laggy, and really not easy. Since R-click and drag is map panning, that was a bit tricky with just the touchscreen. But work in progress.

Now I'm just learning Java but if you working on an actual android app for maptools I am so in to help with what I can. Like I said learning Java, but got lots of history in other languages. So it's more about learning difference's in the API really.

S0AndS0
Cave Troll

Post by S0AndS0 »

BearFather wrote:I tried to break your scripts down but got stuck on the actual install of java:
sudo apt-get install -y libc6-armel
sudo apt-get install -y libsfgcc1
sudo apt-get install -y libsfstdc++6

It would tell me it couldn't find the packages. Now installing java on normal Linux is just as hard. What I did do is use OpenJava and use the ppa method to install it. 3 or so commands and I had java running. I got maptools running but is very sluggish on large maps with lots of macros and trees in it. I can move the tokens around ok, but scrolling and panning of the map is extremely laggy, and really not easy. Since R-click and drag is map panning, that was a bit tricky with just the touchscreen. But work in progress.

Now I'm just learning Java but if you working on an actual android app for maptools I am so in to help with what I can. Like I said learning Java, but got lots of history in other languages. So it's more about learning difference's in the API really.
It's ok that those packages fail to download, they where "suggested" by one of the guides I used to write the script but they don't cause anything to fail by not being installed. I've yet to get open java to work with Maptools or any of the ppa's I've tried but its good that things are running now :-) on other Linux programs requiring Java I've noted slower performance with open java vs orical java also I've read that orical has two main versions of Java for ARM processors (Android devices and Raspberry Pi) known as soft float and hard float; ARMel and ARMHF. The hardfloat version from what I've been reading is way better than the softfloat versions, this is mainly because of how data is being processed by the processor, with softfloat the data is encapsulated before being sent off and with hardfloat the data is sent in the "raw" and if this doesn't confuse things enough; there are softfloat and hardfloat versions of Linux now available for Android. Provided that both Linux and Java are operating using hardfloat there should be a tangible difference in Maptools performance, however this would require Lildebi app instead of Debian Kit app for installing Linux and downloading/installing the hardfloat version of Java. For now if you press menu on Remote RDP app after starting a connection you'll find an option 'mouse' and this will get you the right middle and left buttons for mouse input, yes it'll be a little sluggish but it works. One option for improving performance is using another device for display, laptop, another android, or if you've got a modded Wii you can (just tried it) use vnc to display Maptools on the TV too... I'll likely write a quick guide on the Wii networking because I'm very happy to find that I could get Maptools on the Wii too.

I am indeed working on an app, currently working on embedding Android Terminal Emulator app into my own project so I can run setup scripts automatically instead of the current steps that users have to go through. I'll then be adding VNC and RDP client apps into the same project so users can swipe from the terminal window into the GUI. From there I'll be looking into forwarding (x11 likely) just the Maptools window and its components to swipable views within the app, this way should give us all better performance on mobile with Maptools because the processor will nead only process the required bits of the GUI instead of processing the Linux background, clock, screen saver, ect. I'm very willing to except help with this as I'm still fairly new to Android app developing; I'll be posting a link to github when I've something to show and we'll all be able to work on this together.

Update: As to what Android and the Nintendo Wii can do to one another I'll be adding "Maptools on Wii" to a guide I have written for such things. Scroll to the third section marked with orange text to see current draft of relevant Wii Maptools info.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vox ... cslist_api
~ note though that this is just a VNC connection to Android running the Maptools and related services and not actually running Maptools off the Wii. This is especially useful if your service provider externalizes your IP because guests can connect from their home Wii miles away :-)
The external IP is only required if you want to connect over 3G or 4G cellular networks; so far I've only found one service provider in my area capable of this. All other users should use WiFi and normal WiFi trickery to allow for truly remote connections or be satisfied with in-home remote connections.
or
rptools [Guide] thread
My github Repos
You may contact me through the document that I'm writing or though email or through one of the mirrors that I've posted this information on for public viewing such as XDA Developers or through PM through this very site.

BearFather
Cave Troll

Post by BearFather »

Yeah I used the raspberry pi install for OpenJava, truthfully what I'm looking for in the app is a way to control the token's movement and around the map. What I do is plug my computer into my TV and run a KB and mouse to the game table to control stuff while I'm on my laptop in GM mode doing all the goodies. What I was hoping for was to have a couple tablets at the table to pass around and have my players move the tokens and such around. Not getting RDP on my Wii is very intriguing. I modded it awhile back so I will have to look into this.

Definitely let me know on the app. Cause the way I learn to program is given a project and I learn what I need to to complete it. I have done a couple simple things 1 for android. Nothing to even show off. My love has been PHP for awhile and it's time to move into apps since that's where all the glory at right now.

S0AndS0
Cave Troll

Post by S0AndS0 »

BearFather wrote:Yeah I used the raspberry pi install for OpenJava, truthfully what I'm looking for in the app is a way to control the token's movement and around the map. What I do is plug my computer into my TV and run a KB and mouse to the game table to control stuff while I'm on my laptop in GM mode doing all the goodies. What I was hoping for was to have a couple tablets at the table to pass around and have my players move the tokens and such around. Not getting RDP on my Wii is very intriguing. I modded it awhile back so I will have to look into this.

Definitely let me know on the app. Cause the way I learn to program is given a project and I learn what I need to to complete it. I have done a couple simple things 1 for android. Nothing to even show off. My love has been PHP for awhile and it's time to move into apps since that's where all the glory at right now.
Neet I'll have to check it out if its working with Maptools, indeed and that's what I've got after some setup; basically I closed many of the extra windows and on the PC running as GM make liberal use of the 'Control F' keyboard shortcut to snap everyone's screens to where they should be, the control over tokens will take some time for people to deal with but this is about as good as it gets without messing with the Maptools program itself. I've a nack for revival :-) definitely check out what I've already written because the Wii has become an entertainment center in my household from what I've been able to set up.
I just got done with a 3.5 DnD encounter, last night, and using the Wii as the main way for players to move their tokens worked out great! I only heard one complaint about the controls being twitchy and everyone else seemed surprised and happy with our new visual aid :-) because of maptools everyone was more focused on where we where and what we where doing in thw dungeon and not just talking about room discriptions, even better, passing round the WiiMote made it really easy to keep track of whose tern it was. All in all I'm very happy with how the campaign went because we where able to get through many more encounters and rooms than we ever would on pen and paper amd because everyone knew what was going on at a glance people lost track of time and we played well into today's AM. We also used a tablet, Sero 7" pro, for those that always end up on the porch with cigarettes to keep game flow from being interrupted but most preferred the WiiMote option more.

I will for sure, I'm only one guy so things have been limited by my schedules which is why I'm doing this in the open now, so many others can enjoy and contribute. Well PHP is one of the things on my list to learn up on, openstack uses is for it's networking magic, check the main XDA thread I've set up for why I'm trying to port openstack to Android. I'll be adding contnent and pictures to the above linked guide and then get back to work on app making, indeed that is where the glory is at, and for something like Maptools in an Android app we would definitely get some glory for sure :-) perhaps even donations so I can fund a 3D printer and start making custom miniatures with magnets in the bottom so remote payers/GM's can move physical pieces for those that enjoy the tactile feel.
Thankfully I've today off so I'll be able to get some more done here with Maptools.

Update: the guide should be compleat for setting up the Wii as a user interface for Maptools, it has pictures and everything, let me know if I missed something critical.
or
rptools [Guide] thread
My github Repos

BearFather
Cave Troll

Post by BearFather »

Yes having the map with all the tokens on the big screen is the best. More room on the table for snacks and papers:) I will get to this in the next few days, like you work takes most my time. And let you know how it goes.

S0AndS0
Cave Troll

Post by S0AndS0 »

BearFather wrote:Yes having the map with all the tokens on the big screen is the best. More room on the table for snacks and papers:) I will get to this in the next few days, like you work takes most my time. And let you know how it goes.
Indeed :-) snacks and papers where always fighting for table space before this, I look forward to reading your review... oh I updated this script ~
https://app.box.com/s/vp8rhwoslfz8kut2weye
~ with variables for easier modding between file locations and versions. You can find these new variables on lines 129-131, edit these to point to the corect versions or file path to Java ~
(lines 128-132)
# start of matenance variable assingments
JDK_SL=jdk1.7.0_45
JDKfind=jdk-7u45
findJDK_tarDirectory=$HOME/ADev
# end of matenance variable assingments
~ these will modify the following modules; Java_Source_copyExtracter ~
(lines 190-120) # example of JDKfind variable usage
# find /sdcard/download -type f -iname 'jdk-7u45*' -print0 | xargs -0 cp --interactive --verbose --target-directory=$HOME/Java7ARM
find $findJDK_tarDirectory -type f -iname '$JDKfind*' -print0 | xargs -0 cp --interactive --verbose --target-directory=$HOME/ARM_Mod/Download

~ this goes on to modify how the rest of Java_Source_copyExtracter changes permissions and extraction. Then JDK_SL is used in line 208 to modify the system link tricky that alows Java7_Activator to run on any version on Java 7 ~
(line 208)
sudo ln -s $JDK_SL java-7-oracle
~ And of course the findJDK_tarDirectory should be edited to point to where the Java source file is downloaded. This should help with keeping up on Java version releases and keep errors down :-)
Note though on the file path variable; if you have a file path with spaces it it like ~
/sdcard/someFilePath/folder with spaces/javaTarFile
~ you'll need to soround both the file path in the variable declaration and when it's used. For example ~
findJDK_tarDirectory="/sdcard/someFilePath/folder with spaces/javaTarFile"
~ And ~
find "$findJDK_tarDirectory" -type ....
~ because the spaces will mess things up otherwise. I'll be putting the quotes in on the next update but that'll be after I do the same kind of thing to the maptools install option of the main ARM_Mod_Installer and fix it up.

On the app construction side of things it's been tougher than hoped, I've been testing and reading and retesting, all to little effect. But I'm learning and making some progress in understanding how to "frase" things in Android's Java. If you've got any insight on how to run a 2+ line shell script from an onclicklistener I'm all ears because that's my main hickup right now, oh, and bounus points if you can show me how to get the onclicklistener to pop up an interactive diolog ;-) I've found one opensource project similar called gscript but I'm still not getting how it's doing it's thing enough to do what I'm looking to do.
Update: the latest version is popping errors on the cp command, line 200, I'll be fixing and updating momentarily...
or
rptools [Guide] thread
My github Repos

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

do you also update the OP? Most users will go to that page and act according to what you wrote there, including following those links.

S0AndS0
Cave Troll

Post by S0AndS0 »

wolph42 wrote:do you also update the OP? Most users will go to that page and act according to what you wrote there, including following those links.
Good catch; just updated the OP to re-direct new readers to page 2 for the time being. Most of the errors seem to be caused by the following: #, !, '. ". * and is an easy fix (be working on it after this post) some are a bit stranger. For some reason the latest vesion that ran compleatly fine on my tablet when uploaded to dropbox and then downloaded onto my Epic 4G started to error but only on the "find" commands in the copyExtractor* modual :?: so been debuging that now that the puntcuation issue seems to have a solution.
On a more positive note; a friend has given me use of an external keyboard for mobile devices, so new coading will be much faster on releace :-) and my life partner donated two very fantastic apps for app developing on Android so I've been hard at work making an app to take care of most if not all the functions of the guide and scripts. Soon I will upload screen caps of the frame work of fetures I'm looking to include and when the xml files are organized a bit better I'll upload those for people that want to help, the whole Java (for Android) thing is defeating me at the moment so most of what I've to show is in xml, however, I'm quick on languages so linking the buttons into actual functions shouldn't be out of the question in the next 6 to 12 months, if I figure out github and others are willing to join in we might have something sooner thouth so I'll be updating very soon with links on that.

Oh on the fix for punctuation, for those that want to know, I found using a program in Linux "leafpad" and sellecting the symbles (they'll look different than normal text; almost bold) and copey/pasting into a find and replace window in the find box then replacing the symble with the extact same symble typed with your device's keyboard, check the box to replace all, click the contiue or ok button, rince and repeat on the next symble :roll: so that'll be done and fixed in a bit on all links. Some may still have issues with finding the Java source file; currently editing the lines in the script is the only solution, however, I'm looking into the "grep" command and variable assinment to forever fix this in all versions.

And on the note of xml files verces actual Java files for android, for those that don't know what I'm talking about, the xml files usually provide a handy way of oganizing the look and feel of an app where as the Java files give all those feely buttons functions and changes the feel. In the event that new or novice programers want to join in I've been keeping notes inside the files so that nearly everything is explained at least once.

Update 02042014- been hard at work, learning and coading, bettween work shifts and now have one screen shot to post of the app I'm working on
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B46yVbe ... cslist_api
the button and switches are in scrollable collums and rows so users of different screen sizes don't end up without funtctions being inaccessable. The large greenish rectangle at the bottom is curently the place holder for the terminal or gui veiw. As I stated before I'll be posting iether dropbox or github links for this app soon, however, this will be very experimental so use/test/modify at your own risk when those links become available.
Update 02062014- I'm now in the process of adding functions to all the buttons, which will cause foource closures for now, so don't go installing when I post links latter today; these links are for those that want to check out the code I'm using or help modify it.
Update 2pm- as promissed here is the github link
https://github.com/S0AndS0/Linux-Xtras-for-Android
I'm curently working on the test editing functions and will move onto adding a terminal emulator soon.
These project files "should" be compatible with eclips and is compatible with the android app app AIDE
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... om.aide.ui
which is free (upto 3 or 4 java files limit) and with pro key has no ristrictions. I'll be doing my best to keep the amount of java files bellow the limit but as I was able to purchace the key and UI desiner from the same developer I do have the ability to make an alternet version with more expanded file structure for those that want to follow along on android. I'll also be exploring installing eclips and related development software to android through Linux vm (Debian Kit) which will allow anyone to make android apps without purchacing anything ;-) enabling anyone to help with only a time investment.
Note to readers about the apps I'm using to develop this app: so far I'm very happy with AIDE and curently feel the investment of ruffly 13 dollars for that and the UI desingner is compleatly worth it on my end because I'm constantly mobile bound and rairly infrount of a "real" computer. I can not say that it would be a worthy expence for any reader (you the reader) because there are plenty of other options out there for compiling android apps, and, the end result (the app being developed) will be provided free and open. So make your own informed desisions if you want to contribute to the development of this app.
Update 11pm- getting better with the github suport and syncing, I'll be able to take this show on the road (litteraly) , also added a branch for edits to be placed or "pushed" to by contibutors, named "edits"
https://github.com/S0AndS0/Linux-Xtras- ... tree/edits
~ I'll be updating post #2
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... d2#p244598
~~ with all the links and tips related to this project.

Update 02082014- Don't install eclips with apt-get if you still want to play maptools on your android, as of version 7u45 (oracal java), there are missing plugins for mozilla that prevent java from orical from reaserting itself after openjdk has been installed. Likely the plugin exists but isn't in the script or not in the version of java I'm using and likely there is a way to install eclips without automaticly installing openjdk; I'm instead reinstalling Linux to two of my devices and retesting the install scripts and likely sujesting jMonkey as an altertitive full fetured app editer as I've already tested that it runs just fine with orical versioned java (meaning it wont brake maptools) and has a friendly interface for editing.

Update 02122014- Doing more work on the app for Maptools today, github has been updated, mostly renamed some of the things in the main java file and added source code and licencing info. I'll likely be "dumping" the souces into the main project and then work on modifing them and my source so that things point to the new user interface I'm constructig to bundle it all togeather. I'll updating github throughout the day and hopefully have something that can be run shortly :-)

Update 02152014- worked on the install script for java's jdk on github and tested it till it worked
https://github.com/S0AndS0/Debian-Kit-Mods
this script is back up and functioning, I'll be updating the OP shortly.

Update 02172014- haven't updated the OP just yet but instead am updating you all that the Maptools installer hosted on github now works, I've work the next three days so updates to github will be a bit slower during that time.
or
rptools [Guide] thread
My github Repos

BearFather
Cave Troll

Post by BearFather »

I'm sorry wanted to let you know I haven't had the chance to even touch this in well over a month. Work has been crazy, plus the woman keeps me quite busy lately with family stuff. I need to still look at how to install the Wii vnc stuff. Which I need to figure out how to update my modded Wii first. But I have not forgotten about this.

S0AndS0
Cave Troll

Post by S0AndS0 »

BearFather wrote:I'm sorry wanted to let you know I haven't had the chance to even touch this in well over a month. Work has been crazy, plus the woman keeps me quite busy lately with family stuff. I need to still look at how to install the Wii vnc stuff. Which I need to figure out how to update my modded Wii first. But I have not forgotten about this.
No worries I've had my fare share of work and life too :-) WiiVNC should be relitivly easy to install, iether copy/past into the same directory as your other homebrew on the SD card or use homebrew browser to nab a copy without a PC. I've got a download script set up for Java now on github so that'll be a bit easier when it's fully functional and haven't been able to do much work on the app I was working on. I'll be back after normal work dewties to put the direct link in to this post.

edit; the link to a java downloading script I'm working on
https://github.com/S0AndS0/Debian-Kit-M ... Downloader
I've already added to the readme at the main Debian-Kit-Mods branch for how to use but for now just choose option 4 when promted and it shoud download and or redownload if neaded.
or
rptools [Guide] thread
My github Repos

arusiasotto
Kobold

Post by arusiasotto »

I have really had no luck at all with this. I have the debiankit up and running, and I got the ARM_Java7_Download script to run and download the latest version of arm soft point, but the installer script bugs out, citing it can not find the path to the file. Am I missing something obvious?

S0AndS0
Cave Troll

Post by S0AndS0 »

arusiasotto wrote:I have really had no luck at all with this. I have the debiankit up and running, and I got the ARM_Java7_Download script to run and download the latest version of arm soft point, but the installer script bugs out, citing it can not find the path to the file. Am I missing something obvious?
The variables at lines 48-52 are likely where things are erroring out; getting simular issues myself but will be re-fixing againg. Also be sure you're downloading the jdk soft float (option 4) as this is the version that the curent installer script is set up for. I'll be modding the downloader script soon to include an option to run the installer script if available and am curently working on the ARM_Linux_Moder script to have all options available too. It'll be a few hours for a confirmed but I'll be pushing updates to github in a few minuets for testing.
or
rptools [Guide] thread
My github Repos

arusiasotto
Kobold

Post by arusiasotto »

I factory reset the device and reinstalled linux, this time with a 2 gig image. Then ran your script, this time successfully, and installed maptool. Now I just need to figure out how to launch it.

S0AndS0
Cave Troll

Post by S0AndS0 »

arusiasotto wrote:I factory reset the device and reinstalled linux, this time with a 2 gig image. Then ran your script, this time successfully, and installed maptool. Now I just need to figure out how to launch it.
If you right click the .jar file for maptools and select open with, under the new popup window on the left hand tab will be an option to run with a command line command, input "java -jar" with out the quots and close the window. Right click again and select the java -jar open with option and give it a few seconds to boot up.
or
rptools [Guide] thread
My github Repos

Return to “Documentation Requests/Discussion”