Fog exposure on facing change

Doc requests, organization, and submissions

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Altrunchen
Giant

Fog exposure on facing change

Post by Altrunchen »

Hello there, I'm Altrunchen and I've recently been addicted to enhancing my campaign macros so my players can feel a bit more immersed in their gameplay.

Recently, I have adapted the usage of library tokens and macros into my game. This has allowed me to automatically expose the fog of war whenever a token moves.

But the FOW is not automatically exposed if a token changes its facing direction.

I was hoping that someone here might be able to help me figure out how to program a macro that causes for the FOW to expose the current visible area for a token when they change their facing direction.

Is this even possible to do?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: Fog exposure on facing change

Post by Azhrei »

Altrunchen wrote:But the FOW is not automatically exposed if a token changes its facing direction.
Give the token a light source and allow players to expose FOW. :)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Azhrei wrote:
Altrunchen wrote:But the FOW is not automatically exposed if a token changes its facing direction.
It won't go automatically though. But that is currently not possible.

Altrunchen
Giant

Post by Altrunchen »

wolph42 wrote:
Azhrei wrote:
Blast. If only we could define our own events for library tokens :T

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

wolph42 wrote:
Azhrei wrote:
Since when? When I programmed conic vision to go with conic light Trevor was working on at the time it worked... If it no longer reveals AND everything else is set up correctly then its a bug
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

wolph42 wrote:Are you saying than if a token is rotated then the FoW is automatically cleared?? (or at least it should be?)
I am saying that it did at the time it was developed and it did so on purpose. There are even a few posts discussing it going back to say 2008(or 2009). If this was changed, then either it was removed accidentally(a bug) or on purpose in an attempt to "fix" performance issues.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

jfrazierjr wrote:
wolph42 wrote:Are you saying than if a token is rotated then the FoW is automatically cleared?? (or at least it should be?)
I am saying that it did at the time it was developed and it did so on purpose. There are even a few posts discussing it going back to say 2008(or 2009). If this was changed, then either it was removed accidentally(a bug) or on purpose in an attempt to "fix" performance issues.
Well, you could be right. I hardly ever use coned light so I might simply have it wrong. I'm currently not at means to test this.

Return to “Documentation Requests/Discussion”