The way I think the Doc Req/Discussion forum should work.

Doc requests, organization, and submissions

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Full Bleed
Demigod

The way I think the Doc Req/Discussion forum should work.

Post by Full Bleed »

This is the way I'd like to see this sub-forum work.

A topic is started on a particular issue.

For example: Macros.

Topic: Using Macros in Maptool.

An attempt is then made in the head post to cover the issue. Artok's post is a perfect example: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?t=2471

Then people can discuss as usual and, most importantly, add new features and information to what the head post has covered. Then someone needs to occasionally update the head post with verified new information posted below the head post so new users only have to read the header. The updater could obviously be the OP or a mod... doesn't matter.

Personally, I think every post in this section of the forum that doesn't start with a topic specifically related to 1) Requesting documentation on a certain subject or 2) Starting a new document on a certain subject should be removed, renamed, or reorganized.

I think this is in accordance with the spirit of why this sub-forum was created and would make it a lot more useful and participatory.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Good idea. According to your post, your post should be deleted. ahem. So I'll take its content and put it into a sticky indicating the policy for this forum. We'll also be more avid about keeping threads being being derailed
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

trevor wrote:Good idea. According to your post, your post should be deleted. ahem. So I'll take its content and put it into a sticky indicating the policy for this forum. We'll also be more avid about keeping threads being being derailed
Heh, I personally don't care about derailed threads so much as getting useful information from the responses into the header post so people can access topics quickly. I went looking for macro information the other day and couldn't find what I thought I was looking for because it was buried inside a topic labeled "Player Tips for Using Token Properties." In retrospect that might be because it was referring to Token Macros, which I gather are different from other macros (see, when it comes to macros I'm pretty clueless right now. :))

And you can feel free to kill my post. It won't hurt my feelings... much.

Return to “Documentation Requests/Discussion”