Wiki registration not permitted

Doc requests, organization, and submissions

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

FantasyTeddy
Kobold

Wiki registration not permitted

Post by FantasyTeddy »

Hello everyone

I was looking for a way to help you guys out with some small things and I thought that contributing to the Wiki would be a good start.
However when I tried to register there I first of all couldn't find a link to do so and when I finally found a "Create a new account" link (via "Login" -> entering Username -> "E-mail new password") it told me that I don't have permissions to create a new account...
My guess is that registering new users got disabled because of spambots or something similar, but I couldn't find a way to contact anyone in order to get an account regardless.
Did I miss some information there or am I on the right track by posting my request here?

Thanks for your reply
Teddy

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Wiki registration not permitted

Post by wolph42 »

Hi,

Welcome to maptool. nice that you immediately want to jump in. You are right that its a spam bot issue. Send a PM to Craig and ask him for an account. IRC he can arrange it. It might be possible that you need to make another post before you are allowed to PM (not sure, but it could be the case).

FantasyTeddy
Kobold

Post by FantasyTeddy »

Thanks for the information wolph42!
I will try to send Craig a PM after this post gets approved (which is the case I guess, if you can read this^^).

Teddy

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

FantasyTeddy wrote:Thanks for the information wolph42!
I will try to send Craig a PM after this post gets approved (which is the case I guess, if you can read this^^).

Teddy
post approved

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Unfortunately there is a bug with the current version of mediawiki that we are using, so it failed trying to create the account when I enabled account creation :(, which means some time next week I get to do another upgrade. This means some of the plugins being used will no longer work although I cant remember which ones.
If anynone knows of any easy to convert to alternatives I am more than happy to hear about those (yes mediawiki is annoying me :) )

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Craig wrote:Unfortunately there is a bug with the current version of mediawiki that we are using, so it failed trying to create the account when I enabled account creation :(, which means some time next week I get to do another upgrade. This means some of the plugins being used will no longer work although I cant remember which ones.
If anynone knows of any easy to convert to alternatives I am more than happy to hear about those (yes mediawiki is annoying me :) )
do you have a 'public account' (little used usrname / pswrd) available, which you can pm to those interested, for the time being?

FantasyTeddy
Kobold

Post by FantasyTeddy »

I feel kind of bad that my seemingly simple request results in so much work...
Please let me know if I can help with the upgrade!

Teddy

Return to “Documentation Requests/Discussion”