Setting up MT for Savage Worlds

Doc requests, organization, and submissions

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Re: Setting up MT for Savage Worlds

Post by Amaril »

RPTroll wrote:Thinking on this further, we may need to leave it as is. Someone could be afk for a bit and its probably correct to leave them zero but you may want to go ahead and start the round.
I dunno. I think at worst, if the player is AFK for that long, the GM could select the player's token and run the macro for the player. I think implementing the hold for the sort is good to keep players from not drawing init and then messing up the order by drawing a card after the next round has already started.
Kristian

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

DrVesuvius wrote:Dr Vesuvius's Adventure Deck Macros
(stuff...)
:shock: :) :D :!:
*runs off to plug in some new macros*
Kristian

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

I'm probably going to be playing some SW in the near future, and I want to say thanks for the cool initiative deck. I've had a lot of fun playing around with it!

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

It was a freakin' lot of work while trying to learn macro hacking at the same time. I've got tons of bruises on my forehead from running into 'features'.

Here's my latest shot at a character sheet. The link you seen in attributes will (at some point real soon now) bring up an attribute editing window.

My plan is to carve out a place for the init card image under this as well. Beside that will be token action buttons.

In the long, long run I may link the Gear, Hindrances and Edges as well with a brief description.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

RPTroll wrote:It was a freakin' lot of work while trying to learn macro hacking at the same time. I've got tons of bruises on my forehead from running into 'features'.

Here's my latest shot at a character sheet. The link you seen in attributes will (at some point real soon now) bring up an attribute editing window.

My plan is to carve out a place for the init card image under this as well. Beside that will be token action buttons.

In the long, long run I may link the Gear, Hindrances and Edges as well with a brief description.
:shock: :o
Would it be too much to ask for bennies and XP to have a place in there?

Also, I'd recommend whatever coding you put in for Attributes editing, you also add for Skills and Derived. I assume you'd edit these for the same reason you'd edit Attributes.
Kristian

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

For my own contributions...
  1. I'm almost done with that Fantasy Gear Treasure Table.
  2. I've started work on some new macros for automatically adjusting various traits and derived traits based on state, including pace, run, swimming, etc.
  3. I've also begun work on a macro that automatically rolls on the Injury table if you've become incapacitated (new state) and applies the results to the token's properties.
Kristian

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Eventually I'll have an edit for all that stuff including Edges, Hindrances and Gear. I'll put Bennies and XP in there as well. XP will go on the Rank line. Bennies will probably go on the Derived line since you start with three and have them modified by Edges and Hindrances.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

RPTroll wrote:Eventually I'll have an edit for all that stuff including Edges, Hindrances and Gear. I'll put Bennies and XP in there as well. XP will go on the Rank line. Bennies will probably go on the Derived line since you start with three and have them modified by Edges and Hindrances.
If you're interested, I have a sheet put together that does this for Savage Worlds. It's somewhat specific (I'm using it for Shadowrun, so there's stuff like Cyberware and whatnot in it) but I can pass on the campaign file or the macroset that I generate the sheet with (actually, the campaign file is probably the best bet - everything is interlinked).

I set it up to roll the skills when clicked, handle weapons and reloads, etc. Looks like this:

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

If you would you can post the campaign file link here or I can PM you with my email address.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Not a problem. The file should now be at:

http://www.houseofgenius.com/files/camp ... mple.cmpgn

As a quick "here's how I approached it":

1. I use the Lib:InitDeck that was put up in this thread. Very nice work. I trimmed out the use of card pictures and some of the text, but otherwise that is being used as designed.

2. I have a Lib:SW that does most everything. The macro set you'll want to look at most is the ones clustered in the group "CharSheet." The other macros are a completely unorganized set of macros to run skill checks, manage weapons and equipment, and so forth. Feel free to do whatever you want to 'em, but they were made with an eye toward running the dice rolls but not doing any targeting. I like the targeting idea, but it actually seems to slow down my play in my D&D game, so I'm passing on it.

3. These macros should all run in the default stack size, but if not, you know what to do.

4. I don't comment my code very well, if at all. Sorry about that.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Thats ok. Mostly I want examples of what works. I've beat my head against the macro wall so many times I can lie down and rest a beer on my forehead with no fear of spillage.

My character sheet design is similar but I include popup windows to edit the character the stuff as well.

Thanks again.
Last edited by RPTroll on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

RPTroll wrote:Thats ok. Mostly I want examples of what works. I've beat my head against the macro wall so many times I can lie down and rest a beer on my forehead with fear of spillage.

My character sheet design is similar but I include popup windows to edit the character the stuff as well.

Thanks again.
Well, enjoy. I hope it works for you! I don't have any methods to edit traits (though that would be easy enough to add); the links in mine actually run the Skill and Trait rolls (or, in the case of the Weapons, for instance, if you click on the number under "Reload," it will reload the weapon and deduct one reload from your total).

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

RPTroll, I've got some new macros and slight changes in Campaign properties that you might want to try to incorporate. Do you want me to email you the campaign file?
Kristian

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Yep. I'm heads down right now but I'll add the stuff in as soon as I can

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Is there any new developpement on your SW MT setup ?

(I've just bought SWEX to run SciFi / Pulp games between my regular D&D4E sessions. And I must say "wow !" as I've started reading the rules. Really impressed and eager to playtest this gamerules.)
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Documentation Requests/Discussion”