Setting up MT for D&D

Doc requests, organization, and submissions

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

PillBox
Dragon

Post by PillBox »

Here is the macro (its pretty long to create a statblock) :
/self <br>Statblock<br><b>Goblin; Goblin</b>: CR 0.3333; Size S; HD 1d8; hp [HP]; Init +1; Spd 30 ft; AC 12, touch 12, FF 11; Grapple -5; Atk: -1 melee (1d2 - 1, Unarmed); SA -; SQ Darkvision 60 ft.; AL NE; SV Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +0; Str 8, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 8. <br><b>Languages spoken</b>: Goblin, Common; Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Giant, Gnoll, Orc. <b><br>Skills and Feats</b>: . <br><b>Special Abilities</b>: Darkvision.<br><b>Weapon Used</b>/tbl GoblinWeapon
overall output :
Goblin; Goblin: CR 0.3333; Size S; HD 1d8; hp « HP ⇒ 2 »; Init +1; Spd 30 ft; AC 12, touch 12, FF 11; Grapple -5; Atk: -1 melee (1d2 - 1, Unarmed); SA -; SQ Darkvision 60 ft.; AL NE; SV Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +0; Str 8, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 8. Languages spoken: Goblin, Common; Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Giant, Gnoll, Orc. Skills and Feats: . Special Abilities: Darkvision. Weapon Used/tbl GoblinWeapon:
Could not execute the command: null

at the end it says /tbl GoblinWeapon

If I enclose the last command in square bracers, it asks for an input, and if I leave the bracers, it reports :
Weapon Used/tbl GoblinWeapon:
Could not execute the command: null
The Table itself is very simple, basically rolls a 1d8. Anything from 1-7 is a morningstar, and 8 is a shortsword.

drswoboda
Dragon

Post by drswoboda »

Hey Pillbox, it's interesting to see what people are doing with macros. I have one question about your use as a stat block reminder. With the table rolling for weapon type, won't that token get a different roll evertime you use the macro? I assume your using this a reference in combat and the token may display a different weapon during the battle.

Can you shed some light on your use of the macro. Thanks.

Trevor,

Is there any forums posting about the future directions of token macros in MT? I've tried to read what I can find about them, but didn't really see much on future plans.

That said, are there any plans for a token macro being able to read values of another token. Say like a function for choosing a target from a macro, to use in an attack calculation.

Usage would be something like a call from macro to bring up a combo dropdown box of possible targets to use and then referencing the targets Defense VAR (or any other VAR) in the roll calculation.

-David

PillBox
Dragon

Post by PillBox »

drswoboda wrote:Hey Pillbox, it's interesting to see what people are doing with macros. I have one question about your use as a stat block reminder. With the table rolling for weapon type, won't that token get a different roll evertime you use the macro? I assume your using this a reference in combat and the token may display a different weapon during the battle.

Can you shed some light on your use of the macro. Thanks.
Well, I use DMGenie to keep track of the battle, and I set it all up so that I have everything ready before play.

I was thinking to use the token in this way if it was needed for some quick action (maybe a random encounter). I was hoping to create a stat block for each token by running the Macro once, then using it for the combat - maybe even copy and paste into DMGenie to set up the encounter.

The different weapon roll would just add variety instead of the bog standard goblin encounter - I may expand the table so there is a very minor chance that the goblin ends up with a morningstar +1, or some other magical weapon.

drswoboda
Dragon

Post by drswoboda »

Thanks PillBox. I use DMG also, can't live without it for DnD. For my current Star Wars group however, I am having serious withdrawl pains. Hense my current interest in token macros for MT.

-David

PillBox
Dragon

Post by PillBox »

I have always wanted to play the Star Wars game. Just never met anyone else interested.

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

drswoboda wrote:Thanks PillBox. I use DMG also, can't live without it for DnD. For my current Star Wars group however, I am having serious withdrawl pains. Hense my current interest in token macros for MT.

-David
Oh snap... there aren't any star wars add-ins for it, huh? Would it be possible if I took the time to set it up? I mean, I understand the SW stuff isn't OGL, but...

drswoboda
Dragon

Post by drswoboda »

Hi Hawke,

I have not seen anybody attempt to convert DMG to SWRCRB. There are definitely issues, with say the HP and Vitality. But I know that people have hacked that in for DnD(the Levatitor? I think). Then there are the Force Powers which aren't really all that spell like. the rest is pretty much straight out of DnDv3e.

I am now setting up a new Saga campaign.

However, if you can hack DMG to RCRB I will drop Saga in a heartbeat and return to the old, DnD v3ish Star Wars rules.

Because of the copyright issues perhaps we should take this conversation underground. You can PM here.

Thanks,
-David

emirikol
Dragon

Post by emirikol »

For you guys who like it simple, I use the following macro:

CAMEL (d20)
/say <b>Bite & Spit</b> <br>[d20+0] <br> <i> and Damage if hit <br>[d4+2]</i>

Biting camel:
Bite & Spit
« d20+0 ⇒ 4 + 0 = 4 »
and Damage if hit
« d4+2 ⇒ 2 + 2 = 4 »

I like rolling dice together. No waiting around. No worries :)

jh
Yes, I'm a chiropractor. Gamer fitness at Hafner Chiropractic in Lakewood, CO: http://www.HafnerChiropractic.com

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

Well, some of the scripting and table lookups are fairly neat, but with 4.0 coming out soon I'm not going that deep into it. Here's what I think we're going with (as final as anything ever is), followed by the quick explanation for the people I game with.

Properties
Str
Dex
Con
Int
Wis
Cha
Fort
Ref
Will
BaseAtt
*HP
*AC
*Speed
*Elevation
MiscAttBonus
MiscDamBonus
MiscSaveBonus
ArmorCheckPenalty
Weap1Bonus
Weap2Bonus
Weap3Bonus
Weap4Bonus
Weap1Dam
Weap2Dam
Weap3Dam
Weap4Dam
Appraise
Balance
Bluff
Climb
Concentration
Craft
DecipherScript
Diplomacy
DisableDevice
Disguise
EscapeArtist
Forgery
GatherInformation
HandleAnimal
Heal
Hide
Intimidate
Jump
Knowledge
Listen
MoveSilently
OpenLock
Perform
Profession
Ride
Search
SenseMotive
SleightofHand
SpeakLanguage
Spellcraft
Spot
Survival
Swim
Tumble
UseMagicDevice
UseRope
StrBon
DexBon
ConBon
IntBon
WisBon
ChaBon
Here's a quick explanation. Stats are self explanatory. Saves are base save only. Bonuses such as paladin charisma bonus go in MISC. Base ATT is single number only, and I'm not sure how to handle extra attacks yet. Misc attack bonus and Misc defense bonus would be temporary effects from spells and similar things. Example: bless spell.

Armor check penalty: Should be Zero or a Negative Number. EX: -2

Weapon one bonus, through weapon four bonus, are used for individual bonuses with certain weapons. Examples would be weapon focus or magic weapons.

Weapon one through four damage are where you put specific weapon damages. An example would be 1D6 for a basic short sword, or 1D6 + 1 for a magic short sword +1. If you had a weapon specialization short sword and a magic plus one short, then your weapon damage would be 1D6+3.

For individual skills, you would simply put the ranks in the skill you have, plus any miscellaneous modifiers, such as racial bonuses. You would not put your armor check penalty or stat modifier in this block. Those will be added automatically.

StrBon-ChaBon: You will never type here, I just put an equation in here so I don't have to type (floor((Str)-10)/2) every time I want to use someone's Str bonus (or penalty).
Then here's what my copy paste basic macros look like:
Basic Melee Attack
/me attacks with a single <b>Rapier</b>! [d20+StrBon+BaseAtt+Weap1Bonus+MiscAttBonus]

Basic Ranged Ranged
/me attacks with a single <b>Light Crossbow</b>! [1d20+DexBon+BaseAtt+Weap3Bonus+MiscAttBonus]

Basic Melee Damage
/me hits with his <b>Rapier</b>, dealing [Weap1Dam+StrBon+MiscDamBonus] damage!

Basic Ranged Damage
/me hits with his Primary <b>Crossbow</b> dealing [Weap3Dam+MiscDamBonus] damage!

Saves
/me rolls a <b>Fortitude</b> save: [d20+ConBon+Fort+MiscSaveBonus]
/me rolls a <b>Reflex</b> save: [d20+DexBon+Ref+MiscSaveBonus]
/me rolls a <b>Will</b> save: [d20+WisBon+Will+MiscSaveBonus]

Stat Checks
/me rolls a <b>Strength</b> check: [d20+StrBon]
/me rolls a <b>Dexterity</b> check: [d20+DexBon]
/me rolls a <b>Constitution</b> check: [d20+ConBon]
/me rolls a <b>Intelligence</b> check: [d20+IntBon]
/me rolls a <b>Wisdom</b> check: [d20+WisBon]
/me rolls a <b>Charisma</b> check: [d20+ChaBon]

Skills

Concentration
/me rolls a <b>Concentration</b> check: [d20+Concentration+ConBon]
Intimidate
/me rolls an <b>Intimidate</b> check: [d20+Intimidate+ChaBon]
Jump
/me rolls a <b>Jump</b> check: [d20+Jump+StrBon+ArmorCheckPenalty]
Spellcraft
/me rolls a <b>Spellcraft</b> check: [d20+Spellcraft+IntBon]
Tumble
/me rolls a <b>Tumble</b> check: [d20+Tumble+DexBon+ArmorCheckPenalty]
Which seems to work nicely. Then I just use /tmacro macros from my buttons, to keep from having to right click. Here's how it all looks.

wrathgon
Dragon

Post by wrathgon »

i been spending alot of time inputting stats and mod macros for my tokens but i am thinking i just might not try to cover every possible extra bonus, if party is getting a +1 from bless we just will remember to add 1 to rolls instead of taking time to add a misc mod of +1, having skills and stat rolls marco is pointless IMO just had a d20 roll and add bonus in head, spending too much time trying to cover every bonus is going to drive people crazy.

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

I agree to a point. As you can see in the example above, even though the properties exist for every skill, I only have buttons for a few (the ones I have ranks in). Otherwise a "stat check" works. I also do use that "misc bonus" for things like bless and the like. I guess it's just all about finding the balance between prep time and time taken during play.

*shrug*

Everybody's going to have different prefferences there.

qbracken
Kobold

Post by qbracken »

This is a great thread. The macro feature is one of my favorite parts about this tool!

Return to “Documentation Requests/Discussion”