Bound Topology to items and curves

Doc requests, organization, and submissions

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

wrathgon
Dragon

Bound Topology to items and curves

Post by wrathgon »

i am finding this topology layer very clunking to use, i cant move or del areas very easily and i cant bind it to an object so if i move the object the topology moves with it, are their any plans to improve the interface of this, it is the most important part of the problem IMO of course :)

Also even with the circle tool it does not seem to be able to draw curves, have a i missed something, it firgures that my first map i am trying to use in maptool is a wizard tower with alot of curves :(

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

The big improvement you can expect at some point is topology attached to objects. That may solve your problems... if you're interested you can donate on the wall of features to get it sooner rather than later.

Also, the last two posts in this forum would probably be better placed in the MapTool forum. You may receive quicker responses if you post there :-)

wrathgon
Dragon

Post by wrathgon »

yea will my 1st post in there and it was moved to here so i just posted rest in here thinking that i posted in wrong area

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Hey wrathgon, binding topology to objects is a feature on the Wall of Features (see my sig), so it'll get there some time :)

Curves are a bit harder. The algorithm I use to figure out line of sight does not handle curves, only straight edges, which is why the oval tool creates a polygon instead. It won't be perfect, but you might try the poly-line tool and follow the edge of the curve.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Documentation Requests/Discussion”