portrait image into macro and other stuff

Doc requests, organization, and submissions

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

n3phrit
Cave Troll

portrait image into macro and other stuff

Post by n3phrit »

hi,

1. is there a possibility to include portrait image in macro (show this image via macro, so far i founded only getTokenImage() which returns token icon)

2. is it possible to add any image into macro output, I mean not in http server, but from local disc.

3. how long macro code can be? I mean, number of rows or global size in KB.

4. I am using Lib:Foo token. Should it be on all maps in campaign or one is enough?

5. pls. make documentationt for macros :) at least all functions and its syntax. it can helps a lot.

6. search engine in this forum sux hard.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: portrait image into macro and other stuff

Post by jfrazierjr »

n3phrit wrote:hi,

1. is there a possibility to include portrait image in macro (show this image via macro, so far i founded only getTokenImage() which returns token icon)

2. is it possible to add any image into macro output, I mean not in http server, but from local disc.

3. how long macro code can be? I mean, number of rows or global size in KB.

4. I am using Lib:Foo token. Should it be on all maps in campaign or one is enough?

5. pls. make documentationt for macros :) at least all functions and its syntax. it can helps a lot.

6. search engine in this forum sux hard.

I can't answer all of these... but...

2. yes and no.... macro output is html, so anything that can be done in html can be done in chat output (for the most part). This includes any image anywhere as long as the chat output can find it and you code the html correctly. With that said.... images will only show up if referenced from a local machine if others have that same image at the same location on their machine, sooooo... put the images on a public website (gallery perhaps????) and learn html to include the image into the output.

3. There are plenty of threads opened in the past 6 weeks about this very topic.... the hard limit seems to be a bit over 8000 characters as a general rule, but is affected by MANY things, including how complex your macro is in terms of nested curly brackets inside square brackets, if you have smiles turned on, etc. Again... plenty of threads about this....

4. only one map, period.... will break if the "lib" token is on multiple maps in a campaign, so don't do that. This is pretty clearly documented in the announcement thread.

5. Again... there are quite few threads that deal with this. You will NOT get final documentation until 1.3 goes to final release.... it just won't happen since stuff could change. Check the Announcement forum and read the documentation for the past 7-10 releases and any links off of them and you will find tons of documentation for how to build macros(but as I said, you have to be careful as things may very well change with a particular macro command and you just have to deal with that if you decide to use a beta release). Also... look for threads started by Craig, Kniza.fan, Lindharin, Mr Pokeylope, and Trevor for coder doco...and Orchard,Craig, and PillBox for user created stuff....

6. yea... the forum move seemed to not index stuff posted on the old site..... not sure if that will ever be fixed or not....
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

1) You can put images in Tables and then display those images. A good example is the Deck Macros I wrote which let's you play with standard 52 card deck and shows card images.
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?p=72362#p72362

5) This post refers to a lot of places to find good info on macros.
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?p=68111#p68111

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

PyroMancer2k wrote:1) You can put images in Tables and then display those images. A good example is the Deck Macros I wrote which let's you play with standard 52 card deck and shows card images.
If you want to have images that you don't want players to see yet, you can create tokens whose names start with image: (e.g. image:foo) and place them on a single map and refer to the image on these tokens with getImage("image:foo") as well.

n3phrit
Cave Troll

Post by n3phrit »

ok thanks. I used tables and work well.

Return to “Documentation Requests/Discussion”