How to change the size?

Doc requests, organization, and submissions

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Algaroth
Kobold

How to change the size?

Post by Algaroth »

I need to change the size of my token via macro but couldn't find a listing for it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

PS I have made a couple of macros tonight and any tips/suggestions would be great sample below

/me <!-- [PA=PA] [X = 1d20] [Y = 2d6+floor(3*Strength/2)+2*PA] [Z = 4d6+3*Strength+4*PA] --> furiously slashes his Greatsword hitting AC [X+Description+1+Strength-PA] for [if( X < 19 , Y + " damage."," a critical hit! " + Z + " damage!")]

And for anyone interested this is the code I want to add the size increase to. If anyone was wondering, yes it is the basic enlarge person spell.

/self [AC = AC - 2] [Description = Description - 1] [Strength = Strength + 1] [Dexterity = Dexterity - 1]

BTW I don't have a lot of storable variables so 'Description' is my basic to hit

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: How to change the size?

Post by Azhrei »

The GM (is that you?) can create their own customized list of properties. Take a look at the Edit -> Campaign properties... menu option.

Since you (apparently) were not aware of that, be sure to check out Brad's tutorials. He has a half-dozen screencasts that will give you a good start on learning the basics.

Algaroth
Kobold

Post by Algaroth »

I figured it out, apparently there is a setSize() function so that was easy enough.

Oh, and I am not the GM, and cannot edit the campaign properties.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Algaroth wrote:Oh, and I am not the GM, and cannot edit the campaign properties.
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Maybe a bribe to the GM...? :roll:

biodude
Dragon

Post by biodude »

You might also want to look at Wiki: getProperty() and Wiki: setProperty(), which allow to access and change the values of token properties, regardless of whether they are defined in the campaign properties. Not quite as convenient as referring to properties as variables, but also much less dependent on what the GM loads into the campaign.

And, definitely check out the screencasts - they are great for getting started and learning your way around before jumping in the deep end.
"The trouble with communicating is believing you have achieved it"
[ d20 StatBlock Importer ] [ Batch Edit Macros ] [ Canned Speech UI ] [ Lib: Math ]

Return to “Documentation Requests/Discussion”