Preview of macro additions/changes in b51.

Doc requests, organization, and submissions

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

DeviantNull
Dragon

Re: Preview of macro additions/changes in b51.

Post by DeviantNull »

Craig wrote:Sorry my fault its a typo (I corrected the original post)
its json.equals()
That be it!

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

I just noticed, method='json' for form submission seems to be stripping out +. This is sort of -really- important to have...

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

DeviantNull wrote:I just noticed, method='json' for form submission seems to be stripping out +. This is sort of -really- important to have...
I noticed that last night too, and sent a patch to Trevor so when he applies the next round of patches to b51 to be it should be fixed.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Craig wrote:I noticed that last night too, and sent a patch to Trevor so when he applies the next round of patches to b51 to be it should be fixed.
Who da man? You da man!

I'm infatuated with the JSON changes and think I finally have a good handle on them except for hand rolling them to pass in macro arguments, which i still use strprops for (though I have experimented with them). But I'm not usually passing user input and I tend to pass very few arguments, so I go with the easier route.

It might be me, but they do seem faster as I'm doing more complex things with them and they're just as fast if not faster then the way I was doing things previously.

Mathemagician
Dragon

Post by Mathemagician »

IMarvinTPA wrote:There are two types of "Z" in maptool.
Draw order and Altitude/Height/Elevation.

It would be cool if the distance could include the difference of the Elevation for the flying wizard vs the earth elemental.

I wouldn't completely discount "Z", but I would recommend avoiding mixing the differences between the two types.

Leave this one alone:
# getDistanceToXY(x,y, [, useDistancePerCell [, sourceId]])
Add:
# getDistanceToXYE(x,y, Elv, [, useDistancePerCell [, sourceId]])
# getTokenElv([useDistancePerCell [,token]])
# getTokenDrawOrder([token]])
# setTokenDrawOrder(z [, token])

Remove:
# getTokenZ([useDistancePerCell [,token]])

Modify:
# moveToken(x, y [, Elv [, useDistancePerCell]])

IMarv
I'm sure you know this, and this is a bit old (just stumbled across the thread..), but even if they don't support elevation in the distance, you could calculate it yourself. Depending on what the distance settings of your campaign are (1-1-1 being the easiest), just add on the appropriate difference between the tokens elevations. This is even easier to do with the user defined functions...you can write your own getDistance!

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

Can you give a lot more detail on the user defined functions? I manage to get an example one working by playing around a little but you mention features that I have no clue how to use.

You mention you can setup so the function takes arguments but what is the syntax for this? This is completely left out. And how do we access those passed args in the function itself? I'm guess possible the arg() command?

Also for some reason my test functions always requests the value of macro.return even though I wasn't using it so I had to set it in the function in order for it to not prompt for it. I've only played with this new feature a little cause of limited time so it might be something I simply overlooked.

Return to “Documentation Requests/Discussion”