First run - 4th Ed

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

sushi
Kobold

First run - 4th Ed

Post by sushi »

After much prep work, we ran our normal 4th Ed campaign using MapTool this evening. 6 locals and 1 remote. We ran into some initial problems connecting, but finally was able to have another local user run it on their Mac (as a player), and me connected as the GM on my PC. We used iPlay4e.com for most of the info bits (didn't have time or patience to configure macros in MapTool for the first run).

For the most part, the players were extremely happy with the results. There were a couple of complications, but we adapted very quickly to the way the system worked.

Items that I would love to see:

- Doors that can be opened to reveal/remove the VBL automatically.
- The ability for the GM to add resources to the library even if they aren't running the server
- A VBL style way to specify walls that the players can't pass through when dragging their tokens. We ended up using the waypoint system with success, but it could have been a little easier.
- Have the chat messages appear in a pop-up window as necessary, without having to restore the entire chat box to see what the most recent message was. We didn't use chat for much anyway - the remote user was using Skype.

Couple o pics:

http://twitpic.com/brk62
http://twitpic.com/brzoe

Thanks for the great app!

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Re: First run - 4th Ed

Post by trevor »

Great to hear you had a great time.

Thanks for the report back and pics !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Jector
Great Wyrm

Re: First run - 4th Ed

Post by Jector »

Nice report. :)

There has been a request for attaching VBL to objects which would fix the open door reveal.

Movement blocking has also been discussed. I'd think making VBL block movement would work for objects but not holes.

Having an option for chat pop-ups might be nice. Say if your chat window is closed chats pop-up for 4 seconds or so and then disappear?
I cast firecube! ~4E

Return to “Session Report-Back”