First Full Session Using Maptools

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

Delgar
Cave Troll

First Full Session Using Maptools

Post by Delgar »

Just wanted to report back that I used maptools last night to run my first session of my new Eberron campaign. I would like to report it was a roaring success. Combined with Skype it was almost like we were gaming at the same table again. We didn't have any connection or load issues. I just wanted to thank everyone responsible for making a fantastic tool, and Deviant Null for sharing his framework that made my game run much smoother.

Of course I didn't get as far into the campaign as I'd hoped but that's the nature of DnD more than the tool itself. :) But the introductory battle on the lightning rail started the campaign off with a blast.

So thanks everyone. :)

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: First Full Session Using Maptools

Post by Azhrei »

Hey, excellent! That's what we like to hear!

If you get a chance to upload a picture or two, or maybe a map snapshot that would be awesome! (wink, wink)

Delgar
Cave Troll

Post by Delgar »

I was originally planning on uploading the entire adventure dragon magazine style with the map so that others could use it as well, but it's really not all that good, and I'm not sure how well it works as a stand alone adventure.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Thanks for the report back, I love to hear that !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Delgar
Cave Troll

Post by Delgar »

Okay so here are some screenshots from our first session.

I'll try to get some from our next session as well which will be this Sunday, I'll have the players take some because I just have so many things going on while running the game.

Here is the links to the images:

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo26 ... ngRail.png

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo26 ... trance.png

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Looks good. Thanks. :)

Delgar
Cave Troll

Post by Delgar »

Okay we had our full second session using B57 and Deviant Null's framework. We only encountered a few technical difficulties, one was due to internet problems and I'm not sure what the other one is. He would get disconnected from both maptools and skype, this happened twice in the 5 hour session, but would be able to immediately log back on to both.

Anyway, I didn't take any screenshots during combat but I did ask my players too, I'm not sure if they did though as many of the combats were edge of your seat combats.

But once again, thanks for maptool, everyone loves it.

Delgar

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Delgar wrote: many of the combats were edge of your seat combats.
Just where they ought to be !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Is that first encounter on the lightning rail? Our first Eberron campaign session started there too - it's just too good to pass up. Very cool.

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

I love the cliffs.
How did you do them ?
ImageImageImageImage

Delgar
Cave Troll

Post by Delgar »

Yes the Lightning Rail was the opening encounter. It was a lot of fun, my plan went awry as my big bad that was supposed to get away got nailed by a few crits. All in good fun. :)

Delgar
Cave Troll

Post by Delgar »

Natha wrote:I love the cliffs.
How did you do them ?
It was a while ago now, but the cliffs were an object I found and just put them together to make the cave entrance. I'm trying to remember where I found them, it's been a long time.

Delgar
Cave Troll

Post by Delgar »

Well I had session three and although we had some technical issues involving a Mac and another player with a computer virus we got a little play time in. Here are a couple of screenshots.

I whipped up my maps pretty quickly for this session so nothing too exciting. I spent a lot of time making tokens using DeviantGnull's framework.

Actually hoping to finish off this campaign session this Saturday with them delving into an ancient Dhakani temple, will they find what their looking for? Or will it find them? :)

Delgar
Cave Troll

Post by Delgar »

Our 4th session took place on Saturday and was a blast, they made it into the ancient Dhakani temple, but they have yet to discover what waits for them...

Nothing too exciting here, but we had no technical difficulties other than one of the players internet going out near the end. So, I just want to say that maptool has been great for running my games. Using DeviantNull's framework makes everything run fairly smoothly and soon I'll be able to make maps and edit tokens much quicker.

Return to “Session Report-Back”