Second Session ReportFull Recap Here
We tried a slightly different setup with the In House players using one PC and me a second. This worked very well as players could only do things on their turn and although we had multple mice so everyone could reach.
The player furthest from the screen had some trouble seeing and I'm not sure how we are going to resolve this one except maybe put out another laptop at the end of the table.
I forget a few more things on the character sheet which caused delays but it was worked out in short order.
I found it interesting that the player I thought would enjoy not having to look at numbers and just click a button grumbled the most and the person I thought would probably just keep rolling dice loved the macro buttons! Go figure.
We had to adjust the windows on the screen for the players but by the end of the night found a good compromise. I also cleaned up the Campaign and Selected Macros so there is no more duplication as this just wastes screen space.
Finally, I found the biggest issue the players had was that my Attack and Damage Macros simply listed a final result. The players didn't say anything out loud but I could tell they would prefer to see the actual rolls. So, I rewrote every Power in the game for PCs this morning and I hope they will like it.
As far as the speed of the game. We completed two large combats, a skill challenge, and a good deal of role-playing in about 3 1/2 hours which is maybe a tad faster than normal. But, the second combat, when people were getting a handle on the screen and their various powers really went fast. So, hopefullly that is a sign of things to come.
Anyway, I love MapTool,