Another week, another Session
of the Campaign
We had a couple of players under the weather but they soldiered through although we didn't accomplish a great deal. Two small combats and a bit of role-playing. They discovered the target of the assassination is the older son of the Gray Lord.
Meanwhile, we had a our first issue with MapTool in quite some time. During the second fight a player tried to target a token but was given a error message that that token couldn't be switched to by the targeting Library Macro. After this things began to bog down quickly with many java errors. We managed to finish the combat and then reboot the system and the player who originally got the error was able to login and run macros which I could see but when he moved his token I could not see it moving. When I moved his token he could not see it moving. Also, the fog of war was off for him but on for the rest of us. Quite peculiar.
It wasn't that big of a deal but an interesting issue that part of MapTool was working, macros, but part, token movement and fog of war, was only working server side and not remotely. Hopefully we won't repeat this but we all suspected that java was somehow messed up. Our host computer recently got a Microsoft Java update according to its owner but that might be coincidence.