Dark Champions Game Recap 1

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

RPMiller
Demigod

Dark Champions Game Recap 1

Post by RPMiller »

I just finished the first game of Dark Champions (that's the HERO system for the uninitiated) using MT 1.2b32 as a player. We had 6 to 7 other players connecting from all over the US. We had a few initial problems, but over all it went fairly smooth once we got into the rhythm. We used Ventrilo for voice communications.

Cons:
  • A couple players were experiencing serious lag with the map downloading. It appeared to be downloading one at a time instead of broadcasting to all of us.
  • A couple players experienced dropped connections.
  • The die rolls were a little clunky as most were brand new to MT.
    It would be really nice to be able to pass out Macros to people. As that would have sped things up.
  • While the die rolls worked, it would have been nice to have the HERO specifics spelled out as a few players were new to HERO as well.
Pros:
  • Everyone seemed to catch on really quick to the token movement and using a couple tools.
  • The macro buttons worked great for me to build a list of damage rolls and skill rolls. (minus the HERO specifics)
Suggestions:
  • HERO system mechanics integration.
  • Sharable macros
I know the above has already been mentioned, but I wanted to reiterate and make it 'official'.
:wink: :lol:

I didn't do any screen captures this go around as most of my role-playing was done more outside of the map until the very end. I'll be sure to do some screen capturing next time though.

All in all it was a great experience and showed that even without the HERO system integration MT was up to the task. I'm looking forward to our next game and will continue to post recaps after they happen.
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Whoah, I missed this post somehow. Thanks for the post-back RPMiller !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Hi RPMiller. I had seen this post, but then forgot to reply to it. Glad you enjoyed the game. I agree with your thoughts about how the game went and how MapTool worked. It came through like a champ! Though we didn't actually use it much until the end.

A side note on the game for RPMiller. I will be spending some time at the beginning of next session explaining some of the Hero mechanics to the new to Hero folks. So, the battle shouldn't have gone too much farther by the time you connect. I had pushed ahead for the first couple actions of the battle last session, because I like to end sessions at some point where things are unknown, if possible. Right now two of you are locked in a building fighting vampires, while the rest of the group is trying to get in. That qualifies as a great session ender for me.

:twisted: hehehe...

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Is there any other way to end a session? :twisted:
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

Return to “Session Report-Back”