San Angelo's Newest Heroes

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

snikle wrote:I have it, really good system too, actually bought it for the express reason of showing it to them, just been so darn busy lately. I think I would probably use it to show the younger one, but my older one is doing algebra in school now (!) so I think she could could handle, and she is pretty imaginative as well.
Oh excellent! When you do play, please post a session recap somewhere and let me know so that I can pass it on to Patrick Sweeney, he is a good friend and a gaming buddy.
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

RPMiller wrote:Trevor, I just remembered another question I had as I was creating those screen shots above. When you draw on the token layer it always goes under the tokens. Is there a way to get it to go over the tokens?
Hmmm.

The drawings won't prevent you from selecting the token, the only thing that does that (at present) is ownership.

I could see having a "Token Freeze" option that disables a token without changing any other property
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

trevor wrote:
RPMiller wrote:Trevor, I just remembered another question I had as I was creating those screen shots above. When you draw on the token layer it always goes under the tokens. Is there a way to get it to go over the tokens?
Hmmm.

The drawings won't prevent you from selecting the token, the only thing that does that (at present) is ownership.

I could see having a "Token Freeze" option that disables a token without changing any other property
Main question was can you make a drawing layer that paints over the token? The actual freezing of the token was an assumption on my part that once the token is painted over you won't be able to select it. That said, the Token Freeze option would be 'cool'. :lol:

ImageImage

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Played some more of the game, but we didn't get very far. Here is a link to the very short video of the session:

http://gallery.rptools.net/d/16539-1/Se ... cb6e597608

Here is a break down of the highlights:

The session started off with a quick check of the agent that Golden Arrow had shot to ensure he wasn't dead and a quick call to 911 to have paramedics and police sent to the location. Sound Surfer then flies off the roof and lands on the sidewalk below to take on the agent by the front door.

Meanwhile, Golden Arrow fires his Multi-Arrow at the agent that breaks free of his icy entangle with a blast from his blaster. GA ends up hitting him 3 out 5 times and sends him flying backward and slamming into the roof unconscious.

Sound Surfer, having learned the lesson of holding back on the damage, attacks the agent by the door with half her power, but it barely rattles him.

GA encased the now unconscious agent with his ice arrow. (You can see the effect on screen [thanks to Snikle for that idea], but I couldn't find the nice ice texture so settled on the water for now.)

Meanwhile SS and the agent trade blasts, SS hits him again, but the damage is minimal while the agent completely missed the fast moving SS.

GA uses SS's next successful attack to cover his leap/swing off the roof as he swings straight into the agent and knocks him back and unconscious.

SS then moves to the door and enters with GA following right behind.

You then see the warehouse map. You'll probably notice it isn't the same shape as the building. This was because it is an conversion of an existing map I have, but close enough. The really remarkable thing is that this entire map was built completely in MT! I thought it turned out pretty well. Now the supers have to deal with the three remaining agents, and the super villain located in the middle of the warehouse there!

ImageImage

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Sounds like fun !

The video link didn't work for me. If you want you can ftp the file to ftp.rptools.net (user anonymous, incoming dir) and I can put it in a hosted position for you to link to.

How about some screenies :)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Strange, the video is in my RPTools gallery. Shouldn't it be accessible from there? If you want, grab it from there and work your magic.

ImageImage

Return to “Session Report-Back”