Skip Drive - Suppression: Session 3

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

NOW THERE'S A CAMPAIGN IDEA!!!!
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Glanrus
Cave Troll

Post by Glanrus »

Oh man, now I want to watch Army of Darkness. Crud I only have a VHS copy. Hmm where is that old VCR? In the attic? Hmmm....

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

We have one hour to play each Friday. Today I had the worst time getting things going, partially because I was using some new custom tokens created by SR and had to give the advertisement long enough for folks to feel jealous. :-) I also got some of the animal/human hybrid tokens from Devin over at FUM. They didn't get to play this week but I did show them off.

We had one sort of interesting user thing. When one of the users connected a huge number of spaces had somehow gotten in their user name. This caused confusion for a while as we tried to determine why he couldn't move his previously dropped token and why he wasn't showing up in the connection box. This isn't a bug but it would be nice to do an ltrim/rtrim on any user names just so this doesn't happen again.

Things just weren't working right but it wasn't Mts fault. It was all pilot error. Of course, working 96 hours this week didn't help much.

This week the characters fought cyberdogs from the back of their pickup truck with an M60 mounted on the roof. They used suppressive fire to hold some of the pooches down while others picked off the remaining dogs. The cyberhounds did make it to the truck and begin gnawing on various characters. Double one's were flying as were bennies to move them out. Lots of fun even over the frustration.

The characters also saw a Tarkellion Thunder Lizard in the compound they plan to assault. This thing is about the size and shape of a T-Rex so a lot of session time was spent trying to decide the best way to proceed.

Not my best effort but, even with all the mistakes on my part I think everyone had a good time.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

This week the gang ran into yet more cybernetically enhanced creatures. Two weeks ago it was people. Last week it was dogs. This week, in tribute to my son's love of them, DINOSAURS!

The plot device to get dinos into the game is pretty simple. The big lizards are native Tarkellia and their ancestors escaped from the Austin zoo when the apocolpse hit. These beasts where capture and altered by the cyberneticist the characters are currently battling.

So the Dinos are alien Raptors and a T-Rex with the odd twist of energy weapons being added. As usual, the guys handled the dinos pretty well until the T-Rex showed up. After thirty+ minutes of gun fire, the big beast was still approaching their truck with no real injuries.

The T-Rex roared causing a guts check for the characters. One failed and failed badly and now has a minor phobia regarding lizards (-2 to all rolls while around them).

Once in range the T-Rex emitted a sonic burst over the truck injuring two of the players. We had to end the session there. We'll pick back up next week.

On the maptool front, I used individual views which worked really well. We continue to have some issues with token ownership and selecting. I can't recreate it so I'm not sure what's happening.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Man, talk about a cliff hanger, leaving a session right when your party is about to be pounded into a bloody pulp by a sonic bean toting t-rex :)

Let me know what you find out about the ownership issues
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

My favorite quip of the day was 'Anyone see what a T-Rex could do to a jeep in Jurrasic Park?'

To which was replied 'This thing has a reverse, right?'

RPTroll
TheBard

It was a really nice truck

Post by RPTroll »

The players had a really nice pickup truck with an M60 mounted on the roof. They named it Sweet Ride and gave it a flame job down the side. Now its gone with parts of it still in a dead dino's stomach.

Luckily, the truck was the only casualty. The Thunder Lizard ran toward the truck. Sarah, the only member of the party with driving skill, put the truck in reverse and sped down the pathway in reverse with the T-Rex sized dino in hot pursuit.

Unfortunately, Sarah failed her driving roll and skidded off the path an into a tree. Everyone in the back of the pickup fired again and again at the Thunder Lizard but the thing kept shrugging off bullets. Sarah managed to get the truck back on the path just in time for the Thunder Lizard to stomp the front of the pickup flat throwing characters into the air.

Guns continued to blaze but to no effect. The Lizard bit the roof off of the truck trying to get to the driver. Shadow Parker, an Indian psychic wielding a double barreled sawed off shotgun, sat in the passenger seat waiting for the lizard to drop the roof. It did and made another attack at Sarah. Just as the dino opened its mouth, Shadow fired blowing the back of the dinos head off. It collapsed backwards (luckily) leaving the characters shaken, confused and without a truck.

A moment of silence was observed by all as they looked upon the crushed, steaming, roofless vehicle name Sweet Ride.

Technical notes:
We continue to have permission issues but they eventually get resolved. I think its a timing thing but I notices if I have a token selected the other plays can't seem to move it. Once again, I think this is a timing thing and unrelated to the select but thought I'd bring it up just in case.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Images of Jurassic Park come to mind. Scary stuff ! Good thing for the well placed/timed shotgun to the mouth.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

The Kurr finally took on the PCs themselves this week. After the destruction of the Sweet Ride, the characters were forced to walk (the shame of it all) the rest of the way to the Kurr encampment.

The party sent their Psyker, Shadow Parker transformed into a hawk, into the air to scout the encampment. The Kurr were nowhere to be seen and the building and cages were surrounded by old vehicles and discarded medical devices.

The PCs charged through the compounds gate but the the large feloniods were ready. Luckily one of the PCs, a sharp shooting sneak thief named Sarah, spotted one of the males through a doorway and took her shot. She rolled well on damage and the Kurr went down minus his cranium.

The Kurr went next. A female Kurr, knowns as a Kurritti, took up a position just inside their building's door and took aim wounding the sneak thief who got the first shot off. Another Kurritti ran through the door and sent a psychic blast at the Sarah and the parties detective, Rollie Bialla. Sarah went down, dieing. The detective was severely wounded.

The Kid of the party, known as Jak, leveled is trusty small caliber rifle and killed the Kurritti psyker with a single shot.

The party had its own Psyker, known as Shadow Parker. He healed Sarah, saving her life.

A large male Kurr ran out of the building and took cover behind a high wall. The parties soldier, Mystic Jones, lobbed a grenade over the wall and the Kurr went down.

The remaining Kurr retreated back into the building going underground. Shadow healed Rollie and the party readied itself to give chase to the Kurr. So endeth the adventure.

We used maptool b18. No problems at all with the software.

Return to “Session Report-Back”