Skip Drive - Suppression: Session 3

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

RPTroll wrote: We had some issues when multiple people were editing macros.
Unfortunately, right now it's last save wins. I've got plans to update that, but it's a work in progress.
RPTroll wrote:Also, any idea when 'observer mode' is going to be implemented?
We had this come up last night too. Probably sooner than later
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

RPTroll
TheBard

Latest Screenies

Post by RPTroll »

Today's adventure used b15 since b16's stamps are hosed.

The characters finally convinced the mayor's daughter to return to town on her own so they could collect their reward but they had to split it with her. Greed reared its ugly head with some of the characters not wanting to include her in the split but one character agree to forgo his portion just to keep peace.

The characters arrived at the Stage Coach Inn in Salado, Tx. The Inn is equipped with a Tavern/Restaurant, an equipment shop, spa, and rooms for rent. The characters discovered the Mayor was out with a posse trying to resue his daughter. Word was sent to the mayor and the characters relaxed and entered the equipment shop salivating over what they could buy with the $1000 reward.

Problems arose with a man calling himself The Profit entered the Inn preaching that man should abandon technology and return to the simple pre-space travel life. He was accompanied by a 6.5' amazon warrior wielding a two handed sword.

Unfortunately, the mayor's daughter, Sarah, once dated Jedidiah McCoy aka the Profit. An argument ensued which ended with Sarah laying on the bar after being thrown there by the Amazon. The characters were left with the dilemma of starting a bar room brawl or trying to defuse the situation. Calmer heads prevailed and the brawl was averted... for a while.

The characters discovered the crystalline lasers they took off the Pressors sold for a great deal of money but the shop keeper took them downstairs to conceal the transaction. Newly funded and equipped they arrived upstairs just in time for the Mayor to arrive.

Jedidiah called Sarah a harlot as she walked by which landed him a swift kick to the groin (called shot, -4 scored a hit for +4 damage). Jed went down and the Amazon drew her sword about to hack Sarah to pieces.

Mystic Jones, a soldier of fortune, chambered a round into his assault rifle while bringing it up in one smooth action. He pointed it at the Amazon's head while making a guttural threat about her brains decorating the wall. (Intimidate roll of 17)

The Amazon paused for three full seconds then ran from the building ( opposed roll of 1 ) leaving Jed holding his groin. The Mayor laughed and told the Profit to get out of his town and never return.

The mayor paid the reward plus an additional $500 for taking care of the bandit problem. The characters explained where the bandit lair was and told the mayor there were 'hazardous chemicals in the zombie barrels since no one believed the Zombie stories. Time will tell if there is another outbreak.

Maptool ran smooth. The only thing I would have wished for is some way to stack maps and topology since the inn has four levels. It would also be nice to be able to import maps.

Most of the images below are form Steel Rat's RPG Map Share site.

ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

trevor

Post by trevor »

Love the huge amazon woman running out the door (probably needing to change her underwear too with a an opposed roll of 1)

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Sadly, I had put a lot of work into the old girl. She had all sorts of good Edges and was a nasty hand to hand fighter. <sigh> She was felled not by a superior fighter but by Maptool's randomizer.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

That's one of those times you really need to take dramatic license. While I appreciate the random factor coming into play that just ain't right.

That scene really makes me appreciate Presence Attacks in the Hero system.
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Actually, it was a lot funnier the way it happened. This is one of those things we'll be talking about for a while. They really were scared of her. I built her up as a big warrior and they knew she could open a can a whoop donkey if needed.

I gave them credit for trying to resolve it without splattering blood everywhere. They would have defeated her in the end regardless but this way they now have a recurring villain that I can use later.

:-)

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Well that's good then.
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

This week the characters were contacted by local law enforcement to investigate a slaving ring nearby. Their expertise with handling both the Zombies and the Crystal aliens gave them a reputation for handling abnormal situations.

In the last adventure they acquired some Pressor crystalline technology which they sold. While possession of such technology is not technically illegal, contact with it brings down the investigative arm of the provisionary government. The Sheriff used this as coercion to get the characters cooperation with a problem he had.

In this weeks episode, the characters investigated a slaving ring only to be attacked by cyborgs. These poor beings were once human but are now half machine. The characters defeated the first set pretty easily using ranged weapon to overcome the cyborgs chain swords.

Once the battle was over, the characters discovered the technology had a distinctly alien flavor to it pointing to an evil feline race. In my campaign, space travel was destroyed by the Pressors stranding some aliens on Earth to make out as best they can.

The characters continued into the forest only to be ambushed by another, larger group of cyborg who closed the distance quickly. The soldier character got chain hacked badly. I was pleased to see that setting the wound level on his token adjusted all future rolls by the character. This rocks!

The characters also saw an alien felinoid who stood back laughing as the cyborgs crashed into the group. The creature spoke into a communications device then bounded off into the forest. The characters finally defeated the cyborgs thanks to some lucky initiative card draws and some amazing damage rolls. Gotta love the acing of dice in Savage Worlds.

The session ended after the second combat with much fun had by all.

Maptool issues:
We used b17 for this session.
One player lost all interaction with the map. He had to disconnect and reconnect to solve the issue.
People stated this version is slower than the previous versions as far as response time when selecting tokens, moving them, and using the space bar pointer.

Also of note, we had a new player today from the forums. He's a knife wielding youth who somehow survived attacking cyborgs with over sized kitchenware. Good job vgnfrnd.

trevor

Post by trevor »

sounds like fun, as usual :)

The slowdown could be because of the transparent forest you are using. you might build a similar map but without the trees, and see if it goes the "normal" pace.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

OK. So would it be better to make non-transparent based on my map backgroup?

VgnFrnd
Kobold

Post by VgnFrnd »

Thanks for the game, RPTroll. The action was Fast, Furious, and Fun!

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

RPTroll wrote:Also of note, we had a new player today from the forums. He's a knife wielding youth who somehow survived attacking cyborgs with over sized kitchenware.
Wait, is that the description of the player or the character? ;)

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Since we game over skype I have no idea if he actually possesses over sized kitchenware.

:lol:

VgnFrnd
Kobold

Post by VgnFrnd »

I don't think my RL kitchenware is over sized, but one of my friends does tell me that they are balanced. Does that count?

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

LOL Oversized kitchenware...sounds like a sequel to Army of Darkness
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

Return to “Session Report-Back”