Lore Masters: Session 2

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

Sir Flak
Dragon

Lore Masters: Session 2

Post by Sir Flak »

We had a fun game one friday. We're playing a necromancer game module.

Wen't pretty smooth. One player kept putting tokens on the screen and being annoying. He left before the big battle though so it didn't cause too many problems. And the players being able to make new maps accidentaly is still a problem. Over all my players had alot of fun and really like the sight layer.

Here's a link to the narrative and screenies.

http://loremasters.pbwiki.com/Campaign% ... pisode%201
Last edited by Sir Flak on Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I had an issues with a player dropping a bunch of tokens as well. He no longer games online with us so it isn't an issue any longer. It would be nice if there was a way lock out token drops at a player level. I suppose while you're at it you could lock out chat input at a player level as well as well along with a player kick from the game session combined with a change session password.

But all this is pretty low on the list of stuff I'd like to see.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

That was a fun read, my favorite part: "He wets his pants a little" heh.

I love the portal with firewall effect, and the orion statue. Man, that adventuring group should really go train some more :)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

Lol training indeed.

The funny part is the mage was just rolling horribly. The were easy spell and he just kept fumbling an then rolling horribly on the miscast charts. It was a hilarious statistical anomoly.

Luckily the way pertify spell is written you are still aware and can think, etc. So he was able to use spells that only had a mental component. Which almost let the party come away with a "W" despite his crappy rolling.

Oh we also noticed that on a map with a grid, the tokens that had snap to grid turned off were not measuring correctly in movment. This has probably been brought up before. It not a huge deal as long as it measures consistantly for everyone.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I don't know if this is on trevor's list (I think I've mentioned it before, so it might be) but I'd like to see the Connection panel be fleshed out a little more.

For example, each player should have checkboxes next to them for a variety of things: Allowed to Drop Tokens, Allowed to Create Maps, Allowed to Chat, Allowed to Move Any Token, Allowed to Drop Stamps, ...

Obviously, most of those would be checked for most players, but they should start out turned off and the server's screen should get a popup when a player connects so that the user can select the right checkboxes. (A player/IP that has been banned wouldn't create the popup.)

I included a bunch of things in that list because I can see a co-DM needing some of them and it would be easier to just say, "This player can move all tokens" than it would be to go to each token and set ownership.

Much further down the road it would be nice for MapTool to keep track of the player's name when tey connect to a particular server. For example, if I connect as Azhrei to Dorpond's server, it should always come back as Azhrei when connecting to his machine. But I could have Arkwood as my name when I connect to TheLev's machine. This would make banning actually work pretty well. :)

trevor

Post by trevor »

Azhrei wrote:I'd like to see the Connection panel be fleshed out a little more.
Definitely on the list ;)

Sir Flak
Dragon

Lore Masters session 2

Post by Sir Flak »

We used 1.3b14 again. Everything went pretty smoothly. The party went off the path i was expecting to I had to make several maps on the fly. I quickly made a cave complex (which they are still working through) and a forest area.

Everything went pretty smooth. One guy had some weird connection problems early on. His client said he was disconnected but he was still there on my server connected list. Then he couldn't get back on cause it said his name was in use. (which it was cause the server still thought he was there) So I booted the fake him. And he was able to reconnect.

Here's the narrative with some screen shots.

http://loremasters.pbwiki.com/Campaign+II+-+Episode+2

thelevitator
Dragon

Re: Lore Masters session 2

Post by thelevitator »

Sir Flak wrote: One guy had some weird connection problems early on. His client said he was disconnected but he was still there on my server connected list. Then he couldn't get back on cause it said his name was in use. (which it was cause the server still thought he was there) So I booted the fake him. And he was able to reconnect.
We had the same thing happen at our tabletop game a couple weeks ago. One of my players brings his laptop and he moves all of the party tokens for me. Once I booted his name from his original log in, he was able to log back in. It only delayed us a couple of minutes, but I figure it's worth mentioning since we aren't the only ones this has happened to.
"Neither hexes nor squares can confine me!"

James Anthony
"It's all in your head....."
http://www.spelz.net

Mortani
Giant

Post by Mortani »

I had the same problem with 1.3b14 last night for our session. 2 of my players kept having connection problems and disconnecting. When I'd tell it to boot their connections it would take minutes for it to finally reset their connection. I use strict token management so it was a tad of a pain. Note that the connection problems had nothing to do with maptools, but the problem was how long it took to boot the old connection.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Mortani wrote:the problem was how long it took to boot the old connection.
I'll take a peek at making that disconnect happen sooner

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

We played the first session of Shades of Grey module. We're trying out D&D v3.5. I've never run a D&D session before it went well. We used 1.3b18 no hiccups.

Session details to follow.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

Rofls we just finished the first chapter of Shades of Grey and the party decided to take the orc camp by frontal assault.

Needless to say poor rolls by the PCs almost resulted in a TPK. Most of the party was knocked unconcious and captured. (The rogue escaped and hid)

The orcs searched through the belongings of their captives and picked up the Orc Reaver, a sadistic intelligent sword hellbent on slaying orcs. The orc who picked it up went ballistic and kill all but 3 of his comrades before he was put down. The orc survivors decided they had enough and bolted.

The rogue rescued the rest of the party and the NPCs and got the clerics healed up so they could begin work on the rest of the party.

All in all it was a hilarious battle as faces paled when they were overrun by the orcs. The character using orc reaver in the first place never rolled over a 3 and couldn't hit a thing. They should have just gift wrpaped the sword and sent it to the orcs and let it do the job for them. lol.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Ouch ! I know how that goes !

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

Wells its been a while. I can't get to my other site at work anymore, so I'm trying out a google site to post our session details. We'll see how it goes.

We've been trying out 4e and so far we've liked it. Combat feels very streamlined compared to 3.5e. All our players were new to 3.5e so it felt fairly clunky from the start i think. Everything seemed overly complex. We didn't have a long love affair with 3.5e so switching over didn't leave us with a lot of baggage and weepy nights.

The party is level 4 now. One of our players took over the DM reigns for a few session so I'm playing a dwarf fighter. He's running a homebrewed adventure. I posted a session log from his perspective at the link:

http://sites.google.com/site/yorelorerp ... ure-part-1

I'll probably change the link in my sig soon but i wanted to port those record over to the other site first.

Return to “Session Report-Back”