The gladiator pit of Barathas

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

jespley
Cave Troll

The gladiator pit of Barathas

Post by jespley »

Hey,

Our group had our second usage of the current Maptool (1.3.b14) on Sunday. Gladiatorial mahem ensued.

Vision was a big hit -- all my players were impressed and eager to see the individualized vision implemented.

One feature requested was the ability to turn off portraits on the clientside. One guy was having lots of trouble with lag and said he'd like to turn off the portraits but didn't want to force that on everyone else.

One guy had trouble with Java for a bit. He could log in and do most things but he couldn't click on and move tokens. We doublechecked that he had the token tool selected of course. He eventually re-installed Java and things worked fine. This bug's probably not worth tracking down but I thought I would put it out there.

My players could see the popup stats on the NPCs despite me putting the stats in the format that supposedly made it so that only the owners could see them. Maybe I screwed up but I did do a quick doublecheck and I thought I had the format right. I didn't specifically assign ownership of the tokens but I assumed that if I put them in as NPCs as the GM that I'd be the only owner.

Thanks as always for this great tool.
Jared

Mortani
Giant

Post by Mortani »

I saw that same problem where AC and HP for example showed up for the Players.

jespley
Cave Troll

Post by jespley »

Yeah, exactly, it was AC and HP I used and they were supposedly in the format such that only the owner could see them.
Jared

Return to “Session Report-Back”