Hearlds of the Empire-Maptools Newbie Success

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

Palladinthug2
Kobold

Hearlds of the Empire-Maptools Newbie Success

Post by Palladinthug2 »

From the time I initially found this site, and started hosting a campaign solely on Maptools accompanied by Team Speak using version 1.2 32b it was a period of adjustments.

Never before have been spared 15 minutes a combat session saying "Ok your this far away from this monster, no you cannot charge, no you cannot do that without an AoO," etc. It became cumbersome to host sessions without a reliable mapping program, that offered a suitable chat component as well.

Upon using Open RPG, Triaxe, and yes even AIM I have found this program to be a superior tool in using for building, planning, and running a campaign.

Not only have I had success on the program itself, but the people of the forums here and administrators have never failed to deliver answers to questions or supply materials to use for the program to further my ability to use it and please the players.

Thank you for a wonderful mapping tool, including initiative tool.

Now after 4 months of running and ending the game, I am ready to start
another this time on 1.3 b18 .

Here is to continued success.

My players and I, all of whom learned while we played, thank you for your time and effort in maintaining these forums and keeping the game alive for us. You eliminated such a great deal of frustration and time consumption the game becomes fun once again for those of us who can only play online.

The only real trouble encounter was stacking tokens. That took a while to understand, a whole 2 minutes.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Great to hear back, Palladinthug2 !

keep in mind that 1.3b19-21ish are going to really break things, in order to improve them. I wouldn't start another 4 month campaign on it, I'd wait to the mid b20s or so.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Session Report-Back”