[Hero Quest] Report

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

Freemind
Cave Troll

[Hero Quest] Report

Post by Freemind »

I just finished playing for about 3 hours with my newfound players.

We had a blast.

Everyone really like the software and I managed it ok.

Here's the final screenshot. It doesn't look so good but I just wanted to know where to put the tokens next time.

Thanks for the software! Amazing!

Two things (bugs):

*couldn't copy/paste from word in the chat. Had to use another chat program.

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

For storing screen shots and tokens you can always use the gallery http://gallery.rptools.net/

As far as pasting, I'd suggest as a work-around you paste first into notepad (stripping any rich mark-up) and then paste into Map Tool. While not ideal, it might be easier for your players than having a separate chat app open.

Looks like fun! How did you end up handling the networking stuff? Sorry I was unable to help further...

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Glad you found some players, just sorry I couldn't be there (but the surgeon may have been a little up set with me setting up a laptop in the operating theater, so I had to settle with watching him instead)
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

Freemind
Cave Troll

Post by Freemind »

I'm sorry for your health, Cweord.

Hopefully the surgery went ok.

Hawke,

Don't say sorry! :) A player hosted the game, that's all.

I wish I could host it, but we'll get there eventually. I'll try your suggestion for text next time.

There were three players. After looking for players for 2 weeks, it's nice to see it finally paid off.

It was really fun. Next time will be better as I know how to work things now.

You should get much more traffic shortly as I praise your software every where I go and everytime people say: "Hey, that looks cool!"

All of my players enjoyed MapTool.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Hmm, I hadn't heard of the copy-paste rich text bug, I'll put in a tracker for it.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

I mentioned this in the other forum that it was mentioned in, but I mention it again here.

We have a similar problem with our Hero Games online gaming forum. The forum is actually a Java application and if you try to copy/paste from Word it gets really fouled up do to all the garbage that Word writes in the background.

The site developer actually added a special Copy From Word button to strip out this garbage. I would recommend not using Word, or copy/pasting to and from Notepad before pasting into the Chat.
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

Return to “Session Report-Back”