The Hauteville Campaign - Forgotten Realms

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Sweet ! Glad it went smoothly, you guys are on a roll in your story, sounds like fun !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

PillBox
Dragon

Post by PillBox »

Just finished our latest session.

Wow, after a month of delays we finally got things rolling again. We still using .b20 (don't want to run the risk of loosing hours of work!). And it turned out pretty eventfull - had tears in my eyes from the laughter.

During the final encounter, the goblin shaman (who the party could not see) teleported out after seeing his chief die. The party saw the blue flash (after a few members got hit by magic missiles and orbs of acid they knew he was there.) then after the encounter headed north through the corridor that was slowly beeing flooded with water.

The Wizard stayed behind, as she did not want 'Mudded Robes'.

Anyways, the rest of the group went forward to kill the last survivor, and entered a room where the northern wall had collapsed and water was running from.

They set up a plan ... the paladin stands in one corner, detecting evil. (this will reveal an invisible goblin), then two other party members move down the 5 foot strips (1 going east to west, the other north to south) and if there us an invisible creature, they will 'bump' into it. They then decided to move the paladin to the other side of the room and try the same tactic.

Wow - who would have thought an empty room could have hours of adventure!

They eventually returned to the wizard who explained 'If you had of asked, I could have told you the goblin teleported out'.

They then found a 70 year old child ....
Last edited by PillBox on Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

PillBox wrote: Wow - who would have thought an empty room could have 2 hours of adventure!
awesome !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

PillBox
Dragon

Post by PillBox »

Hawke wrote:Sweet! Glad you're getting the girl involved...

My favorite combat addition to the standard rules is facing. It gets a little rough on the tabletop but a lot easier with Map Tool. Not sure if you're interested in that, but if so Dracorat created some great facing templates that we used for the first several sessions while we got used to the rules.

Don't be hesitant to ask questions about Map Tool as you learn... there's a lot of stuff still in the works and in 1.3 a lot of new stuff that's undocumented.
My girlfriend will become a part time player now - she works for a jet liner and her times are all crazy.

However, we do have two new players, and that will probably change things as one is not as noobie as the rest of us ..

Our game was cancelled last night to support the new guys...

wrathgon
Dragon

Post by wrathgon »

hey are you talking about me behind my back :P it is true i am not a noobie but i will have to try not to dominate the game with my knowledge as pillbox keeps reminding me they are still learning(see i listen sometimes :P) that finding invisible foes was funny i must say. lukcy for me i am playing a bubbling fool of a fighter so no one will pay much attention to me anyways ;)

PillBox
Dragon

Post by PillBox »

Your character is intersting - cannot wait to see how he fits into the campaign.

Return to “Session Report-Back”