Dungeon (Board Game)

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

brad
Great Wyrm

Dungeon (Board Game)

Post by brad »

I had last minute cancelations for my normal MapTool game last night. I decided instead of canceling altogether, it might be fun to try a board game in maptool. The remaining players agreed.

We played the old board game Dungeon(from my youth in the early 80's). I took a picture of the board and scanned in all the cards or the monsters and treasure. I then put all the different decks into tables(it didn't matter so much in this game if the cards were only used once), as well as a couple actual tables needed for the game. The treasure we picked up was put into the notes of our tokens. It worked out really well. We played two games.

We only had one minor problem we thought Trevor would want to know about. A couple of the players connected before I was done with the all tables and I had to fix a couple typos in tables during game play. In both cases the new tables or table changes were not available to anyone but me(the server). The others had to disconnect and reconnect for the new table information to be distributed.

That was minor though. I was just like playing the actually board game. We used ventrilo also, so we could chat and smack talk.
View MapTool video tutorials at RPToolsTutorials.net

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Very cool! I've never played... this sounds like it'd be a fun "wednesday night game" just to play with whoever is interested that week. Are there rules available online?

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

It would be fun to have a maptool board game night. RPMiller and I are going to work on making a couple things a little more user friendly. After that we might try that out. You can have up to 8 players in Dungeon, which coincidentally is how many people ventrilo supports.
View MapTool video tutorials at RPToolsTutorials.net

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Thanks for the bug reports brad, I'll look into those.

If you play late enough my time, I might be interested in a MT board game night :)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

trevor wrote:MT board game night :)
Oooo... that would be cool! :)

Prehaps run something at iCoN...Hmmmm... 8)
Game On!

Return to “Session Report-Back”