Cold City #1

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Cold City #1

Post by trevor »

Played in snikle's Cold City game tonight. It's a more collaborative style of gaming, more focused on the story than the dice.

It was more of an experiment and introduction than a full all out session.

The most amusing part was that MapTool was used to create an actual virtual tabletop :)

(Click for larger view)

Notice the extra tokens we put in the bottom left so that we could impersonate our toons in the chat. The polaroids of the two guys in the middle are the people that gave us our orders to investigate the church building in the picture on the right.

(Click for larger view)

We eventually ran into Rasputin, the guy in the bottom left, who was about to sacrifice some chick on an alter, the first player accidentally tripped on his gun, which was on auto, and sprayed the area with bullets, alerting Big R to our presence.

He raised a bunch of zombies to attack us, one guy (my toon) snuck around the side, took a shot and missed, rasputin shot some lightning from his hands that shattered the column I was hiding behind.

Another player took a nice shot through big R's side and ripped off his left arm. Big R shot another lightning at me, but missed, hit a column which fell down and crushed one of the zombies.

Another player snuck up and freed the girl, cause his horoscope that day said he'd have some romance that day or something.

Big R grabbed his arm but was shrugged off, My guy then stood up and put a bullet right through his head which dropping him to the ground. The remaining zombies collapsed at the same time.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I really like to see Maptool used in so many creative ways! How you use MT is really up to your imagination.

Great stuff!
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

I'm always impressed with what snikle comes up with and how he visualizes it. Looks like a blast!

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

Thanks Hawke, I really struggled with this game as a GM. It is a story game so I really really wanted to pull away form a typical map...which of course is odd when using MAPtool. Since the team is essentially investigators, I thought file folders, Polaroids, telegraphs, etc would be interesting 'props' for the game. That was all the easy part, the hardest thing is this collaborative gaming, just very strange to let go of the reins of the game and let players take some control.
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

Return to “Session Report-Back”