SnowDay = GameDay

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

apwhite
Cave Troll

SnowDay = GameDay

Post by apwhite »

I play with 3 of my kids about 2 times per week. We each have laptops and run MT, and use theonlysheet for our character sheets.

Maptool is great for visualizing the dungeon, it saves a lot of time. I don't have to give so much drama into the room descriptions.

Theonlysheet.com has a dream-come-true character spreadsheet that really makes the game so much easier. When my daughter (10th level Shapeshift Druid) turns into Ferocious Predator Form, she just clicks a button on theonlysheet and all the (stat, attack rolls, damage, AC) recalculations are done for her instantly.

So plugs aside, we had an extended game day yesterday!!! Major snow fell and school was called off. I am a chiropractor and decided to take a snow day as well.

We played the module Drestyn's Manor, only I upgraded all the encounters to match their character levels. We have three players all about clevel 10, a Shapeshift Druid, Dragon Shaman, and Beguiler/Assassin.

We played for about 6 hours. The kids were sufficiently challenged by the undead (not having a real cleric in the party).

I was getting really excited about killing my son's beguiller/assassin when he went to explore the basement. There were 24 bugbears down there partying. They broke into the manor a few days prior and were busy emptying the wine cellar. So most of the bugbears were intoxicated.

With his character build, he is almost invisible when he moves. He literally walks right into the room, right passed two guards. I'm thinking I finally get to do some damage on him. Instead, he calls out "I'm casting Incite Riot!"

"What the heck is that?" I ask.

"They make a will save or punch the guy next to them. And don't forget, they have been drinking so I get a circumstance bonus on their soon-to-be-failed save and their barroom brawl."

"Did you prepare that one this morning," I ask, hoping to save my force of brutes.

"Nope," he says smiling, "I'm a spontaneous caster. I can cast any spell on that list."

"Ah crap. OK what's my Save."

"Natural 20."

Only one bugbear made the save. The rest start a massive riot and attack each other. At the end, only 6 bugbears are standing, each with massive HP loss. He effortlessly assassinates the rest, and loots the bodies. Screenshot below.

Later in the manor, the kids are attacked by 2 centipede swarms. I was pretty sure one of them was about to get hurt. My daughter has a 30 AC when she is in her Ferocious Predator Form and never gets hit. (Druids are really overpowered). I know she is immune to the poison, but she will at least take damage since the swarm does not roll to hit.

"I summon a fire elemental. Command it to attack the bugs. Turn into a bird and fly out of the room." She declares

"How will you keep them from following you? Its a small closet and the door does not reach the floor. Plus, these are normal centipedes, they can squeeze under the door." I ask her.

"I take a tanglefoot bag and throw it at the bottom of the door such that it explodes and the goo seals the gap at the bottom of the door, preventing any bugs from getting through."

Clever girl.

Photo link:http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/ap ... /BenSS.png
Last edited by apwhite on Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

apwhite
Cave Troll

Post by apwhite »

Someone help me with my photo? I have it up'd to the gallery. I am pretty sure I typed the correct link. Any help?

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

apwhite wrote:Someone help me with my photo? I have it up'd to the gallery. I am pretty sure I typed the correct link. Any help?
Done. The trick is to navigate to the picture, then right click on it and copy the image location.

That's a fun story ! You should definitely be proud of your kids for thinking quickly and being efficient !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Session Report-Back”