A pretty screenshot

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

torstan
Great Wyrm

A pretty screenshot

Post by torstan »

I ran the assault on the pirate cove last night and had a lot of fun. The players came out of the forest to the east while their bandit allies attacked the pirates from the north. The pirates left torches behind as they fled, creating puddles of light that allowed them to see the PCs as they blundered into them, then they peppered them with arrows from behind the rocks.

Here the players run across the beach to flush the pirates from their hiding place, under heavy arrow fire.

The pirates set a tent alight to give themselves more light. Some guard the bridge while one indominable lad holds the north against an ogre. Others retreat to the ship and make ready the ballista.

The party takes the bridge. The ogre slays the (very mortal) pirate to the north and the party wizard webs the ballistae. The rogue decides to leap the river, instead landing on the floating body of a dead pirate. This turns out to be a stroke of luck as the floating dead man gives him something to hold on to while he keeps his head above water.

All in all a fun game with 1.3.b23. We had some problems with the server with people being unable to connect while everyone else had no trouble. This happened a few times to a couple of different people, but may have been fixed in newer builds. We may well migrate to the 1.3.b3x line when it stabilises.

The light sources mechanics worked beautifully. Thanks a lot trevor for all the hard work and headaches this caused. It was certainly worth it.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

I love me some pretty screenshots ! And those are fantastic torstan. I love the style.

I also love the tent catching fire and progressing in size over time. It's a great example of using a VT to enhance the gameboard
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

A couple of othe things you might like - the burning tent is shedding light. Also, one of the players drew in an anchor on the stern of the ship while I wasn't looking so that he could later tell me the ship was anchored and couldn't leave. I left it in because I laughed so hard when I saw it :)

Thanks again for all the progressive features. The light radii made a huge impact on this game as the players were only able to see people in the separate puddles of light around the cove. It led to quite tactical play with people sticking to the edges of the light and taking pot-shots at anyone who entered. It really changed teh game style and is an effect we could never have reproduced with a rubber mat.

Return to “Session Report-Back”