E-mail from my friend

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

dorpond
RPTools Team

E-mail from my friend

Post by dorpond »

My friend recently tried to run his own games using Maptool. I needed to share this e-mail he sent since it not only creates a warm and cozy feeling but also shows what users can do with the help of other technologies. Maptool really does bring friends together. :)

I gotta tell ya... I'm getting good at this virtual table top thing.
I just wrapped up my second session using maptools...

Over the past week I have added just about every room in Castle Ravenloft, over 80 locations, many of which included encounters. I even have rooms with stamps (rugs, chairs, tables, parchment on the tables lol), and secret door icons. Not to mention that I place info markers everywhere... just copied the text out of the book for that location and entered it into the info token...

Combat runs smoother, the visual aids really add to the story telling, but here comes the best part.

My buddy that lives in Florida.. played with us from Florida this evening. You know that little monitor I used last time you guys were here... I hooked my PS3 up to it... We connected using our eye cams so we could see and hear him..

Then he connected to my campaign via Maptool. It was flawless... ( I did have to config my router quick but the web site recommended by the tutorial was great, and I took care of it hours before we actually played). So we could hear him and see him... He could hear and see us.. And everyone could see the action.

It was a cool night... I haven't played D&D with him in about 16 months. Another player is thinking about saving the gas money and just linking up next week from home...

I owe you (and the maptools team) a thank you...

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Spiffy, it's always great to hear about people finding the tools useful :)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Re: E-mail from my friend

Post by Hawke »

dorpond wrote:Another player is thinking about saving the gas money and just linking up next week from home...
And look, MapTools is contributing to less demand for gasoline... which in turn lowers the price!

Forget Barry and Sidney - Trevor 08, solving our fuel crisis one game at a time...

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Re: E-mail from my friend

Post by trevor »

Hawke wrote: Forget Barry and Sidney - Trevor 08, solving our fuel crisis one game at a time...
Wow, I didn't event think about that .... man, we rule !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

wrathchild
Dragon

Post by wrathchild »

One word:

Solaria.

Oh my god ...

What have we done ...

;)
Entering the Digital Age of Roleplaying.
Part of the Resident GURPS Lobby.
Calling for Halos to be Hexified.

Return to “Session Report-Back”