Marty's Keep on the Shadowfell - SPOILERS

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

Marty Jopson
Cave Troll

Marty's Keep on the Shadowfell - SPOILERS

Post by Marty Jopson »

We ran our first every fully online game last night and much fun was had by all. I have used Maptool to bring absent players to our face to face game, but never with everyone on-line.

We used 1.3b38 and a modified version of Untold Glory's campaign files for Keep on the Shadowfell. Skype conference call ran smoothly. In theory we have 5 players, but one had a last minute visit by relatives and another could not connect (see my post in MapTool forum) - so that left 3. On the whole MapTool behaved impeccably and people got the hang of it quickly. Macros are next on the list for my players to learn...

In terms of the actual game, we progressed slowly as 4ed is new to us all. We are using the pre-gen characters and may swap around a bit. We had:

Brunhilde - female dwarf fighter
Alhina - male (apparently) half elf cleric
Harper - female warlord tiefling

They **just** about managed to get through the kobold ambush alive. Brunhilde was on the ground at one point and the both Alhina and Harper were down to one-good-hit-and-I'm-dead. Man of the match had to be the Kobold slinger who managed to immobilise Alhina for several rounds and set fire to him while the minions skewered him mightily.

All the monster macros (bless you Untold Glory) made my life dead easy and I think this is going to be fun to run when we all get the swing of it. We did struggle with not having a good mix of character roles (defender and two leaders). That will be rectified next session hopefully.

:D

Return to “Session Report-Back”