Haha, that was fun. Starcraft and a 7-year-old

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Re: Haha, that was fun. Starcraft and a 7-year-old

Post by Hawke »

palmer wrote:
Hawke wrote:Unfortunately, the revision of the vision system in 1.3 doesn't allow that to work anymore :-( Because you can see light at any distance & there's no way to let individual units have varied vision it broke my game idea. Maybe someday!
A: Use Darkvision style vision for units. This gives them all a light source they can see, but nobody else can

B: You can totally have different vision ranges for each unit. Set them all as separate vision types using the darkvision style.
Hey! That's an excellent idea! Woot, I may have to revisit that now. Thanks!

Crudeboy
Giant

Post by Crudeboy »

I went with this idea for target priority for VOR. If there's an opposing model within 12 inches that is not in cover, it has to be your next target for ranged attacks.

Couple with VBL on terrain, and with a glance anything within the vision outline is fair game and must be shot.
Nixon's Theorem:

"The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on."

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

Hawke wrote:Snikle had a 1.2 campaign available that used Savage Worlds rules to do Marines clearing out a ship of aliens. It was well done - excellent graphics and had some cool tooltips that helped a GM run it with some lite problem solving.
Woohoo! Rock on. Dallas Station lives on! I had a great time working on that project and an even greater time running that. That campaign file is available over at FUM. If anyone wants to convert it to 1.3, you have my permission.

I have said for along time that VTTs, especially MT due to it's even now more powerful scripting ability, would be great for running wargames. I actually think it would be very easy as wargames tend to have the same pieces over and over. Once you had those pieces made up, you could literally litter the map with them and do battle. One problem I saw, and this may bring up old wounds, was the ability to add height to topology and minis. If a mini was 20' tall, if could see over the 10' pile of rocks and have an advantage over shorter minis that could not. Ubber power in wargames!
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

Return to “Session Report-Back”