The Undead Nazi Horror from Outer Spaaaace!

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Re: The Undead Nazi Horror from Outer Spaaaace!

Post by Amaril »

Dr. E. did note that these Goo men could be stopped possibly by something that might not typically harm someone. Anything that used some form of energy, physical or other, seemed to have random effects.
Kristian

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Amaril wrote:The goo men really threw us a curveball! It was interesting in the beginning as we tried to use conventional methods of dealing with antagonists. As the fight went on, we realized it was stupid to stick around in the ship.

By the way, Rick's scouting days are over. Either that or he needs to make more notice rolls when scouting.

RPMiller, we missed you! What happened?
My router when on the fritz best I can tell. I would connect for short periods and then drop. I started running constant pings and they were all over the place time wise. Tonight I'll have more time to look at it and maybe just maybe I can jump into the next session, although it sounds like you guys have the gadgeteer/scientist angle taken care of with Dr. E so I might make a different character to avoid stepping on his toes.
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

oddman
Kobold

Post by oddman »

Dr. Electronicum here.

RPMiller, feel free to keep playing sharkbait. I'm sure that we can play well together. In other words don't just change your character because I'm here, play what you want to. We'll make it work and fun for everyone.

Dr. E has a utility/ground control/semi-offense focus with no healing, augmentation or direct damage gizmos and very poor skill in healing or repair. The write-up of him as a dangerously curious and absent minded inventor is spot on.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Well, thanks for the encouragement, but it would be just weird to have two absent minded inventors in the group so I'll have to give it some thought. My writeup is a few pages back if you wanted to see what I was intending on playing.
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

RPMiller wrote:Well, thanks for the encouragement, but it would be just weird to have two absent minded inventors in the group
I don't know, the possibilities for riffing off each other are endless ! Comedy. Gold.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

I think oddman mis-typed (I think he meant Dash), but he brings up a good point. Currently I'm playing both sharshar and sharkbait. You are welcome to take either one. Sharkbait is the luckiest little porker in the galaxy, and is the party healer. Sharshar is cool cause he eats everything. And grunts a lot.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

The Troll view of this is play what you want. We'll all have more fun with you there than with you absent regardless of what class you play.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Tonight's Episode: Defeat of the Goo Men

While tonight's game came down to simply finishing one combat it was a major step forward for the party. Thus far all their attacks were in vain but tonight, Sharkbait, Savior of the Universe, discovered the Goomen's weakness.

The adventure began where the last game ended. Three goo men were trapped in Dr. E's entanglement device. Two of the creatures broke free and exited the other side of the ship disappearing from view leaving their comrade trapped. Dr. E shot another goo man with a ray gun. It also grew to an enormous size like the one Rick shot in the last episode. "That was not unexpected," said the Dr. Still "I had to see if similar stimuli receive similar results.

Rick flew above the Nazi ship to make sure the goo monster thrown overboard was still spinning in space. It was.

Sharshar uncharacteristically stopped in the middle of the battle to read this letter from one of the Nazi scientist to a friend.

"Guys," said Sharkbait nervously "The ship is dark."

"Of course its dark, Sharkbait," said Dr. E, "the ship is inhabited by goomen."

"That's not what he means," said Rick. "Look!"

The heroes looked back at Alliance Rocketship 457 hanging off the tail of the Nazi ship. The 457 was completely dark. The engines were off and no lights shined from the portholes and windows. "We that's unexpected," said Dr. E.

For reasons unknown, Sharkbait approached the entrance of the Nazi ship to see what had become of the giant gooman. What he saw was a giant wall of goo break free and charge towards him. The creature raised two gooey fists and swung them towards the diminutive porcinoid. Everyone gasps as the ship's hull shook under the impact. As the creature raised its hands laughing a gelatinous laugh, Sharkbait stood up and looked at his tail. "Hey, do you know how hard it is to get my tail to curl just right?! Now look at it!" (creature rolled a 1 for damage)

The following round everyone piled on the creature. It spun around trying to find a new target. Sharkbait drove a vibro knife into the monster's foot and the oddest thing happened. A sympathetic vibration flowed from the foot all the way to the creature's head. It then exploded in a scene that would fit well in ghost busters. Everyone was covered in goo.

"That is a rather rude way to die," said Dr. E using both hands to remove green plasm from his face.

The adventure ended there, suspending for two weeks.

Technical Notes:
It appears the macro functions to get visible tokens only shows what is currently visible to the player, not what is visible to the token. Thus if a player has a portion of the map covered by a dialog the token ids won't be retrieved via the function call even though the token can 'see' them. Also, as a gm, when I call the function it returns everything under the FoW as well but not anything off the map or under another dialog or frame.

I changed the character sheet up a little. He's what it looks like these days. I added states and gear to the top portion.

If you select a weapon from the gear list you get the following.

If the weapon can be used multiple ways, they are listed along with a list of targets. The next version will determine range and only show those targets that are visible and within range. I'm considering using halos to show the range as well.

Selecting another type of gear gets you the following. It doesn't do much other than allow you to type in your action with the gear.

The other advancement for this week's game was states. Clicking on the States link gives you this screen. Eventually you'll be able to perform soak, unshaken and healing roles from the screen as well. (Thanks to Aidy Baby and others for the state images)

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Looks more and more awesome. :shock:
Will you release a "framework" campaing file anytime soon ?
ImageImageImageImage

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

The plan is to run one more game with the new powers section. Then I'll post the campaign file and let others play with it and accept feedback. After I incorporate those changes I'll put out a 1.3 the final file around the time of MAPTOOL RC1.

Then, I start making adventures and advertising them so folks not familiar with Savage Worlds or Maptool can try one or both.

Then... I start working on solo/random adventures now that I have token movement and copying from macros.

Then... once topology is saved as part of a stamp/object/token I'll start working on random dungeon generation.

Then... I think I'll rest of a bit and take up small engine repair as a hobby.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Session 4: Enter Frau Essen

The cast included:
Sharshar the Sharkman
Sharkbait (the luckiest pig in the universe)
Rick Cruz
Dr. Electronium

As the lights came up on tonight's adventure, our heroes where in the middle of a battle with the Goo Cosmonauts. Last time they discovered that vibro weapons did tremendous damage to the gelatinous menace. But something went terribly wrong on the 457. The ship was completely dark.

As the lights in the theater came down, the characters discuss next moves.
Dr. Electronicum: So, fellas back to the ship, yes? There's more goo men about and I'd like to see what happened to our ship, Dale and the Captain.
Shark Bait: What about those voices I heard? Someone may be trapped inside that Nazi ship.
Rick Cruz: We need to find out why our ship is powered down.
SharShar: Grrr Right, We should check for survivors Grrr
Rick Cruz: No, I mean our own ship is powered down!
Shark Bait: Let's do sharshar! Lead the way!
SharShar: Grrr we should check if there's someone here Grr They may have more information Arr
Rick Cruz tried to contact the 457heard only static.
Rick Cruz: I've got a bad feeling about this. I think this is a Nazi trap and we fell into it.
Dr. Electronicum: Sharshar did you forget the goo-men are still here. Do we want to fight them while something has gone wrong on 457?
SharShar: Grr I'm not so sure Arr. Grrr dead bodies all over Arrr. Grrr and the note Arrr.
Rick Cruz: There's no one on board left alive
SharShar: Grrr we should look for someone to interrogate Arr
Rick Cruz: And the Captain might be in trouble!
Shark Bait: I did hear someone shouting inside this ship
Dr. Electronicum: But the Ofts are in danger right now. This ship is not going anywhere.
Just the the hard particle entanglement device that was blocking the corridor of the Nazi ship disengaged. Goomen in Nazi crew uniforms round the corner and attacked Cruz. Behind them was a large German lady dressed in cafeteria serving clothes.
Dr. Electronicum: Oh bother. Look down the corridor.
Rick Cruz: The corridor? What's there?
Dr. Electronicum: An unstuck goo man.
SharShar: Grr you all go back to the ship, porker will look in the ship Arr.
Shark Bait: Why do I have to stay?
SharShar: Grr Shark Bait, I need bait to lure out the other monsters Arr
Shark Bait: Seems logical.
Dr. E looked at Sharkbait.
Dr. Electronicum: You're going to let him use you as bait?
Shark Bait: It is the Venusian way, Dr.
Just then the first Gooman attacked Rick but missed the injured adventurer. The lunch lady dipped a large ladle into an overflowing pot of goo and threw it at Cruz. The green icor covered Rick's helmet. What's worse, it moved of its own accord trying to find a break in the intrepid rocketeer's space suit. This had the effect of blinding Rick as he was unable to see through the gel covered bubble helmet.

Shark bait came to the rescue, attacking the gooman in front of Rick but missed.

Sharshar, grabbed Rick from behind and activated his rocketpack. The sharkman flew backwards leaving the attacking goomen behind... with Sharkbait.

A giant gooman (who had exited the ship in the last adventure, rounded the bow of the ship and headed toward Dr. E. "Now you see me, now you don't," said the mad scientist activate his light bending device. The giant paused for only a second then headed toward Sharkbait but not before Dr. E attacked with his viborknife. Alas, Dr. E missed.

Meanwhile the two Nazi goomen and the lunch lady exited the ship and attacked Sharkbait. They all either missed or hit with no damage.

Rick pulls off his helmet sending the attacking goo into space. The frost from his breath appears briefly and then dissipates into the near (but not to near) vacuum of space. His nose and ears get really code as well.
Sharshar: Grrr Go patch yourself up before you bleed out Arrrr
The giant goo cosmonaut tries to find the invisible creature attacking him but fails. The two Nazi goomen and the German lunch lady gang up on the diminutive Sharkbait. One gooman lands a solid blow against the porcinoid but Sharkbait shakes off the damage. The small Venusian is much tougher than he appears.

Sharshar takes aim at the lunch lady with his raygun. The beam strikes solid but the large female creature ignores the effect.

Meanwhile back at the 457, Rick Cruz enters the ship. Trash and gear are everywhere. Rick sees the immobile form of Captain Oft and runs to his aid.

Back against the giant goo cosmonaut, Dr. E slashes with his vibroknife again but misses. While a master at science, his melee skill seem to need improvement. He looks to see Sharkbait surround by goo creatures and yells "get out of there Shark bait!"

Sharkbait activates his rocket pack and flies away.
Dr. Electronicum: Flying aways is really becoming an attractive option gentlepig and gentleshark
SharShar: Grrr who you calling gentle ?! Arr
hark Bait: I'm not running away, just getting a tactical advantage.
With that Sharkbait flies over the ship and into the hatch on the other side and draws a bead on the lunch lady with his sonic pistol but misses. The luch lady turns around and yells at Shark Bait "Svine!"

Meanwhile, back at the 457 Rick raises the Captain's head.
Rick Cruz: Captain! are you OK?! Who did this?!
Captain Oft: (cough) They came out of nowhere. Four armed beasts. They ripped out the atomic core. Dale tried to stop them. (cough)
Rick Cruz: Where's Dale?!
Captain Oft: I ran to save her but..(cough) they grabbed her and disappeared.
Rick Cruz: Hang in there, Cap.! We're gonna get you fixed up!
Captain Oft: Rick, go to the hold. There is a cryo tube there. (cough)
Blood comes from Captain Oft's mouth as his eyes roll back in his head.
Rick Cruz: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Those bastards are gonna pay.
Rick Cruz radios the team, "Captain Oft is... dead."

Back at the Nazi ship, Lunch Lady drives a fist downward smacking Shark Bait squarely on the head. The small Venusian reels backwards under the blow.

Sharshar's black eyes lock onto the Lunch Lady. He raises his raygun and fires. The shot hits square again but has no effect on the food dispensing horror.

Dr E finally hits the giant gooman and it explodes. "As expected," says the scientist. He then flies into the ship behind the lunch lady to help Shark Bait.

Back at the 457, Rick Cruz arrives in the hold. He remembered the dock men on Mars loading the device on the ship. When he asked what it was he was told "special delivery for Space Station Alpha," and given a look like he should ask more questions. The device was active, humming softly. Something was inside but he had no way to tell what or who it was.
Rick Cruz: Was the Captain warning me about you or wanting me to open you?
Rick puched the Open button. Latches popped open and restraining bars slid back. The cryo tube opened. Inside was a man dressed in a Nazi uniform with a large medical bag laying on his chest. The man's eyes popped oped. "Vas ist Los!"

Back on the Nazi Ship, Dr. E slashed his vibroknife at the Lunch Lady. "Take that!"

The knife hit her and she winced under the and then attempted to return the blow to her invisible assailant.

Meanwhile Sharshar fired his raygun at the nearest gooman. It grew to huge size its gelatenous form interacting with the energy from the raygun.
Sharshar: Grr No more rayguns Arrr
Back inside the Nazi ship, the Lunch Lady swung and hit Dr. E (invisible and all). The doctor doubled over from the force of the blow but quickly recovered. "You once were human but now you are something else."

Shark Bait recovered from the blow to his head and pulled out a tangle gun. "Eat net, freak!" Unfortunately the device malfunctioned. Netting exploded from the gun covering the poor pig.

Dr E. struck again missing the Lunch Lady.

Sharshar pulled his vibrosword and attacked the giant goo man. It exploded in a cloud of green.

Back on the 457, Rick pulled his ray gun pointing it at the Nazi.
Rick Cruz: Don't move. Are you a doctor?
Nazi Doctor: Ya
Rick Cruz: Great, you're going to try to help our Captain! Move!
The two quickly climb the ladder to the command deck. The Nazi runs over to Captain Oft and pulls a syringe and bottle from his bag. He fills the syringe with the liquid.
Rick Cruz: What's that?
Nazi Doctor: Regenerative medicine. Knits bones, organs and flesh.
Rick nods and the doctor injects the Captain. Captain oft sits bolt upright.

With that the session ended.
Until next time Rocketeers!!

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

Man, sounds like fun. Just mad I couldn't wake my lazy donkey up to play....4:30 just came too early for me last night. You guys playing next week?
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

That's the plan.

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

Awesome. Good times Troll! Had a great time, thanks for running my first game in over a year!
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

So how did it go? I'm eager to see what I missed!
Kristian

Return to “Session Report-Back”