Campaign Advice...

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Campaign Advice...

Post by Hawke »

So, I'm finishing up the last of level 8 and the "Heroic Tier" schedule. It's been centered around a single city and the outskirts and tons of fun. The climax inside the city involves using some artifacts to close a feygate and cut off support for the "enemy" Eladrin who is working in collusion with the local authorities. (Think of the Eladrin as England pre-american independence).

So I'm going to have a little interlude and get through the next 2 levels somewhat quickly... likely going to modify a few adventures from Dungeon.

Where do I go from here? Here are some campaign goals and I'd love to get some thoughts and ideas about tying it all together as the players head out of the city and into the bigger kingdom that's sort of an Eladrin puppet thing.

-In the feywild, there is a war the Eladrin are using the material plane's resources to fight. I want a sort of reverals during Paragon to where the Eladrin become allies against a greater threat.

-I like the idea of Genasi/Elemental theme of the end bad guys... and perhaps some "masked" Genasi that are sleeper spies and such in the main kingdoms that the players could uncover.

-I haven't used too much Devils/Demons at all during Heroic. I'd like to jump that in - anybody have any suggestions on doing this in a novel/unique way? Perhaps also tie it into the elemental theme?

I'm still not exactly sure about Epic... but I'm thinking this dark long term threat will have at least drawn lines in the Feywild and broken through to the Mortal Plane and will end up in ultimate end-of-the-world showdowns... likely with a Primordial?

Anyway, I'm being rambly but thought I'd pop stuff in here and see what unique thoughts people have.

Mathemagician
Dragon

Re: Campaign Advice...

Post by Mathemagician »

Hawke wrote:So, I'm finishing up the last of level 8 and the "Heroic Tier" schedule. It's been centered around a single city and the outskirts and tons of fun. The climax inside the city involves using some artifacts to close a feygate and cut off support for the "enemy" Eladrin who is working in collusion with the local authorities. (Think of the Eladrin as England pre-american independence).

So I'm going to have a little interlude and get through the next 2 levels somewhat quickly... likely going to modify a few adventures from Dungeon.

Where do I go from here? Here are some campaign goals and I'd love to get some thoughts and ideas about tying it all together as the players head out of the city and into the bigger kingdom that's sort of an Eladrin puppet thing.

-In the feywild, there is a war the Eladrin are using the material plane's resources to fight. I want a sort of reverals during Paragon to where the Eladrin become allies against a greater threat.

-I like the idea of Genasi/Elemental theme of the end bad guys... and perhaps some "masked" Genasi that are sleeper spies and such in the main kingdoms that the players could uncover.

-I haven't used too much Devils/Demons at all during Heroic. I'd like to jump that in - anybody have any suggestions on doing this in a novel/unique way? Perhaps also tie it into the elemental theme?

I'm still not exactly sure about Epic... but I'm thinking this dark long term threat will have at least drawn lines in the Feywild and broken through to the Mortal Plane and will end up in ultimate end-of-the-world showdowns... likely with a Primordial?

Anyway, I'm being rambly but thought I'd pop stuff in here and see what unique thoughts people have.

Perhaps a group of devils/demons have managed to imprison a Primordial, and are using its power to resurrect a fallen demon-god. The Eladrin have intel on this, but need help stopping this dread apotheosis.

Or maybe it's a wild goose chase where they are using the party to collect artifacts from the planes for their own purposes, a plan which may ultimately backfire when the players figure it out.

Return to “Session Report-Back”