"This is better than playing in person"

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: "This is better than playing in person"

Post by Azhrei »

Stitched wrote:For those running mirrored Maptools on TV's - how powerful are your laptops? Does performance take a hit trying to display on a TV that size (40")?
I've run a dual monitor setup on an old 64-bit Compaq (one of the first 64-bit AMD laptops available) and not had any problems with the nVidia card in that laptop.

My current MacBook Pro is quite a bit beefier and it doesn't have a problem either.

Note that the first one was running Linux and the second OSX (based on BSD Unix) so neither of them have some of the baggage that Windows carries around.

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

skester wrote:
When we finish, I'll release the full file of WLD. It's humongous.
One of my players is looking forward to that. Last time he ran the game we made it to level 9, and I think I went through 12 characters.

Skester
No player deaths yet, but I've gotten a few of them down. It's a WLD Convert to Pathfinder, and I've added in my own few twists into it.

skester
Giant

Post by skester »

No player deaths yet, but I've gotten a few of them down. It's a WLD Convert to Pathfinder, and I've added in my own few twists into it.
I tend to go through a lot of characters for some reason. Not that I TRY to get them killed off, but I tend to fail saving throws a lot.

Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil the DM threw a Disintegrate at me one encounter since I was the Paladin and only failed on a 2 or lower. Oh look, a 1. I'm dead... again.

Just seemed very saving throw was a fail in WLD.

Pathfinder is what we are playing, so I'm looking forward to seeing it when it's done.

Skester

Return to “Session Report-Back”