DCC#17 report

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

claud9999
Kobold

DCC#17 report

Post by claud9999 »

SPOILER ALERT, if you ever plan on playing Goodman Games' Dungeon Crawl Classics #17, Legacy of the Savage Kings, stop reading now.

I've been running a group of ~4 players through DCC#17 using Maptool. We play at lunch times at work, ~1.5hr/session, 1 session/wk. I xlated the module to 4E as best I could (generally not too difficult.) This is a continuation from DCC#1 as part of the Saga of the Dragon Cult campaign. DCC#1 was mostly battlemat with a late adoption of Game Table before I stumbled across Maptool, which we adopted as we went to 4E and to the next module.

DCC#17 has, as its focus, a keep wherein "blight blades" are being forged by an evil witch, Kyleth. Players hooked up with dumb orcs, who led them to the front gate and they ask to see Kyleth. Players ace a bluff roll or two, and Kyleth fails some basic tests, so she believes the PC's are there to buy a blade or two. Graah, the ogre, is called out to demonstrate a blight blade halberd; first on a PC but after some convincing on a small child. PC's stop the test before the child is killed and a small fight breaks out as the dumb orcs fail to listen to Kyleth's orders. Graah demonstrates the blade on an orc instead, CHOP.

As with all things, the nervous bluff-fest came to an end with a bunch of fighting. The PCs were wise enough to go after Kyleth right-off, and they knock her unconscious and run off with her.

As we were playing, one of the players (an IT security expert) starts playing around with the chat in Maptool, trying to fake me out. I challenge him to make Maptool send a message that looks exactly like Graah did something, with the reward that the player would get to control Graah for three rounds of the (still ongoing) fight. Needless to say, with some CSS magic, he got it to produce an exact fake, so Graah suffered from the Cross-Skull-Scripting bug and decided to transport the dwarf he had grabbed across the bridge to safety. Thankfully, the fog and quick action by the PC's covered up the fact that Graah was under their control and they got away safely...To stumble across a pair of visejaw crocodiles.

Lesse if they can keep the crocs from munching on the unconscious body of the witch. I can see it now, "I set down Kyleth's body and attack." "The croc attacks the unconscious body of Kyleth, she goes negative XX HP, let's see if she succeeds in her death saves..."

Fun times, fun times!

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Re: DCC#17 report

Post by trevor »

KAAAAHNNN !!!!

errr, I mean

CSSSSSSSSSS !!!
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Session Report-Back”