Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:41 am 

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Kobold

Post subject: MapTool on Playsurface Kickstarter and YouTube
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:38 pm 
The Playsurface kickstarter is almost funded, and we made this movie to show its application to RPG's using MapTool!
http://youtu.be/cSfxZTMwTJA
Any help spreading the word about our kickstarter is appreciated! http://kck.st/JPgTG9

User avatar  Offline
Great Wyrm

Post subject: Re: MapTool on Playsurface Kickstarter and YouTube
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:19 am 
That was cool. I kept want to stop and go, "can you do this?"

For example when they were using the measurement tool to count movement distances they were doing it in pure straight line. I wanted to know if there was a way to "press the space bar" and do a corner.

Still it was very impressive to see such nice touch control working on MapTools.

*runs away to check bank balance*

Oh :(

User avatar  Offline
Deity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:43 am 
Jagged wrote:
For example when they were using the measurement tool to count movement distances they were doing it in pure straight line. I wanted to know if there was a way to "press the space bar" and do a corner.

since this was the emulation of a mouse click and hold I would say: yes.

And indeed Ubercewl!! ,i already use a beamer for MT but this would be a very nice add-on

My stuff
Excel Tools: Table and Light editors
MT Tools: Bag of Tricks: Tools for Maptool, Dungeon Builder I, Dungeon Builder II,onMouseOverEvent and
DPI.
Frameworks: Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, Only War, SET Card Game, RoboRally
Wiki: Debugging Tutorial, Speed Up Your Macros, Working With Two CODE Levels, Shortcut Keys, Avoiding Stack Overflow, READ THIS

User avatar  Offline
Great Wyrm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:23 am 
wolph42 wrote:

Does that mean you'd have to do it with the actual space bar of a keyboard or there a way to do movement turns just using the mouse?

Either way I am sold. Seriously considering making a contribution. Its a shame the deadline is Wednesday :(

User avatar  Offline
Deity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:43 am 
Jagged wrote:
wolph42 wrote:

Does that mean you'd have to do it with the actual space bar of a keyboard or there a way to do movement turns just using the mouse?

Either way I am sold. Seriously considering making a contribution. Its a shame the deadline is Wednesday :(

the actual spacebar. The workings of MT haven't changed for this cool-tool, so MT still expects a left or right mouse click and a pressed spacebar, the cool-tool however emulates the right mouse click by 'touch and hold (and don't move)' and the left mouse click and drag by 'touch and drag' (at least that's my assumption). Unless they build in a 'press spacebar' emulation in their cool-tool MT will still require an actual space bar being pressed during move (preferably one that's actually connected to the pc that runs the MT instance) in order to execute that command.

My stuff
Excel Tools: Table and Light editors
MT Tools: Bag of Tricks: Tools for Maptool, Dungeon Builder I, Dungeon Builder II,onMouseOverEvent and
DPI.
Frameworks: Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, Only War, SET Card Game, RoboRally
Wiki: Debugging Tutorial, Speed Up Your Macros, Working With Two CODE Levels, Shortcut Keys, Avoiding Stack Overflow, READ THIS

User avatar  Offline
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:57 pm 
wolph42 wrote:
the cool-tool however emulates the right mouse click by 'touch and hold (and don't move)' and the left mouse click and drag by 'touch and drag' (at least that's my assumption).

Actually, it was quick but I think I saw a finger-down-plus-second-finger-tap to emulate the right-click. It could be that it's a separate gesture being performed at the same time as another one, but it seems difficult to tell.

User avatar  Offline
Great Wyrm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:26 am 
Maybe when 1.4 comes along we can manage the movement just with the mouse? :mrgreen:

Left click and drag, combined with right click to tether.

User avatar  Offline
Great Wyrm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:35 pm 
Jagged wrote:
Maybe when 1.4 comes along we can manage the movement just with the mouse? :mrgreen:

I dont think this would work, because right click is currently dragging the map. I might be wrong, and you MIGHT be able to recognize a hold & click separate from hold & hold events...

User avatar  Offline
Great Wyrm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:31 am 
aku wrote:
Jagged wrote:

I dont think this would work, because right click is currently dragging the map. I might be wrong, and you MIGHT be able to recognize a hold & click separate from hold & hold events...

Right click is (almost) always in context of something. So the above suggestion it would be in context of dragging a token.

However there are probably easier ways to re-jig the process to make it suitable/easy for touch surfaces ;)

User avatar  Offline
Great Wyrm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:57 am 
Jagged wrote:
aku wrote:
Jagged wrote:

Right click is (almost) always in context of something. So the above suggestion it would be in context of dragging a token.

However there are probably easier ways to re-jig the process to make it suitable/easy for touch surfaces ;)

Right, but currently, while dragging a token, right click and hold drags the map underneath you. I'm just not certain if java/MT can differentiate between a click, and a click and hold

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]