A new member at the CG is there thanks to MT and WotC

See an article about any RPTools tool ? Post it here !

Moderator: Azhrei

RPMiller
Demigod

A new member at the CG is there thanks to MT and WotC

Post by RPMiller »

You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Re: A new member at the CG is there thanks to MT and WotC

Post by PyroMancer2k »

LOL. I don't understand why WotC hasn't gotten their act together. I mean it's not like they didn't know 4e was coming out. There are already char gen tools for 4e from various fans on the web and yet they can't even get their own Char Builder out. The Char Visualizer is nothing more then an avatar maker common to like every MMORPG out there. Except they don't have to move cause they are making static tokens. They could of swiped the avatar creation code from D&DO and they would of had something.

Then the biggest thing the Game Table it's again they had plenty of time to work it out. The longer they put off release too the more the 4e development team has to mess up things for the Game Table team. What I mean by this is they seem to keep coming up with interesting Powers which don't fit the standard mold which means for those of us making macros we have to create new macros to deal with the problem. Well this means the Game Table makers also have to create new ways to deal with these problems. Which means they push it back even further. So they push back release even further. But just the fact that they came out a while ago saying how it wasn't coming out until probably mid 2009 shows how truly behind they were. And that they were basically lying about having it ready for 4e release cause there is no way they didn't know a couple months before that they were like a full year away from a finished product.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Thanks for the link !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

mrobviousjosh
Dragon

Post by mrobviousjosh »

PyroMancer2k wrote:
LOL. I don't understand why WotC hasn't gotten their act together. I mean it's not like they didn't know 4e was coming out. There are already char gen tools for 4e from various fans on the web and yet they can't even get their own Char Builder out. The Char Visualizer is nothing more then an avatar maker common to like every MMORPG out there. Except they don't have to move cause they are making static tokens. They could of swiped the avatar creation code from D&DO and they would of had something.

Then the biggest thing the Game Table it's again they had plenty of time to work it out. The longer they put off release too the more the 4e development team has to mess up things for the Game Table team. What I mean by this is they seem to keep coming up with interesting Powers which don't fit the standard mold which means for those of us making macros we have to create new macros to deal with the problem. Well this means the Game Table makers also have to create new ways to deal with these problems. Which means they push it back even further. So they push back release even further. But just the fact that they came out a while ago saying how it wasn't coming out until probably mid 2009 shows how truly behind they were. And that they were basically lying about having it ready for 4e release cause there is no way they didn't know a couple months before that they were like a full year away from a finished product.
I agree- WoTC hyped the online gametable to sell more copies and increase DDI subscriptions. It was entirely a marketing ploy though I would like to see it be developed at least to try out. Regardless though, MapTools will stay my #1 online tabletop. :mrgreen:

Stitched
Dragon

Post by Stitched »

mrobviousjosh wrote: I agree- WoTC hyped the online gametable to sell more copies and increase DDI subscriptions. It was entirely a marketing ploy though I would like to see it be developed at least to try out. Regardless though, MapTools will stay my #1 online tabletop. :mrgreen:
I, too, would like to add that Maptools is a great VTT and dead-simple to use.

However, WoTC made a darn fine 4e Character Builder, even the free one. The fact that it spits out a PDF with all your power cards already filled out is a huge time-saver for players and DM's alike.

Return to “RPTools Sightings”