Problems loading chartool templates

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Scrittah
Kobold

Problems loading chartool templates

Post by Scrittah »

So I just started using chartool, and grabbed a copy of the 4e .rpggame. However, whenever I try to load it, i get the following error message: Unable to parse expression. I've got the latest version of Chartool and Java. Can someone help?

jay
RPTools Team

Re: Problems loading chartool templates

Post by jay »

Sorry for any problems you are having. Are you running CT from web start or are you downloading the zip file, unzipping it, and using the batch or shell script file and running it that way?

Scrittah
Kobold

Post by Scrittah »

Downloaded and unzipped, and running from the .bat file.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

The message you are getting appears to be a RP Script error. The only think I can think of that might be the problem is that you have an older version of the game settings file on your system. Try resetting everything. First select Help->Reset Character Tool from the menu. When it exits then delete the C:\Documents and Settings\user-dir\.chartool directory. Then restart .chartool. If you are still having any problems and get any detailed exceptions in the console where you ran the .bat file, post them here and I'll take a look.

Return to “CharacterTool”