Mini tutorial

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

neofax
Great Wyrm

Mini tutorial

Post by neofax »

Here is a mini tutorial I posted on the gallery. It is my first attempt at using record my desktop, so the quality is very low. Mini-tutorial

plothos
Great Wyrm

Re: Mini tutorial

Post by plothos »

Umm... how are we supposed to use this file?
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

You can watch it using VLC.

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Yeah, not working for me. It freezes on a handful of frames at the beginning, then zip through at like 20x speed so I can't really see anything.
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

CyrusStonecypher
Giant

Post by CyrusStonecypher »

My experience with this files echoes plothos'. What did you use to make the recording? Also, what OS were you using? (I don't know if that's at all relevant to the video issue, I just want to know what it is. :D)

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I used qtRecordMyDesktop on Chakra Project (Arch) Linux. That is strange as it works for me. I will try editing them tonight in Kdenlive.

CyrusStonecypher
Giant

neofax wrote:I used qtRecordMyDesktop on Chakra Project (Arch) Linux. That is strange as it works for me. I will try editing them tonight in Kdenlive.
Whoa, you uber-geek you! (I say that with utmost respect!) This is a bit off-topic, but have you had any issues with Chakra? (I see that it is still considered to be in Alpha.)

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I have had no problems with Chakra and I run testing, so it is a little more unstable. i.e. Just upgraded to KDE SC 4.4 yesterday I left Ubuntu and started running this on most of my machines now as I was tired of Ubuntu being so far off from norm. You could run stock Arch, which is also very good IMHO. However, you really need to understand your system and linux to run these types of systems.

CyrusStonecypher
Giant

I tried to run Arch Linux on an old laptop, hoping to get it properly tweaked thereby making the laptop more useful. I discovered that I lack the Linux-fu to make proper use of Arch. :P

Return to “CharacterTool”