RoleMaster

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Kaa
Kobold

RoleMaster

Post by Kaa »

What are the chances that you--or someone else--is already working a sheet for the game RoleMaster?

My group and I are about to start playing it again, and this would certainly make things easier....

jay
RPTools Team

Re: RoleMaster

Post by jay »

I've not heard of anyone working on one. RoleMaster isn't a game I've ever played so I don't really have a way of making one myself.

Tulwean
Kobold

Post by Tulwean »

rolemaster from what i have seen has a huge character sheet.

peewee_RotA
Kobold

Post by peewee_RotA »

What I remember from playing role master is that you had base stats, ability modifiers, physical description, demeaner, history, and traits.

Inventory was basic.

The hard part was spells, which I opted to take a fighter class to speed things along.

It's been a long time since I played it, and I never DM'd so I may be off.

channelcitiesgm
Kobold

Post by channelcitiesgm »

As a long time fan/player/GM of Rolemaster (in all its varying forms and editions), yes the character sheets are typically large due to the extensive detail and flexibility present in the system, however as previously stated it is simply a matter of stats and racial/profession info which create adjustments to skills that are then developed to varying degrees.

There is a great spreadsheet that I've been using for close to a decade now for character creation. On that note I amtrying to figure out how the RPCharTool works and how to make changes to it to accommodate RM, but I'm at a loss as to how to do this (and I'm not seeing any documentation on this topic on the web site here, unless I'm just blind and not finding it).

On that note has anyone simply used spreadsheet based character sheets and and handled all the mechanics in the background as GM as opposed to trying to automate the system mechanics within CharTool or MapTool? Or is there a way to easily import such a spreadsheet into the RPCharTool?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

All of the documentation that I've written for creating new game settings files is in the Adopters: * threads in this forum. If you have any questions or need help with something feel free to ask.

channelcitiesgm
Kobold

Post by channelcitiesgm »

Thanks, I'll look it over as soon as time permits.

Return to “CharacterTool”