Properties Equation help please for Exalted

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

DawnDuskSlayer
Kobold

Properties Equation help please for Exalted

Post by DawnDuskSlayer »

I am trying to create an Exalted Second Edition on the maptool (or charactertool), but the basic math covered in the Introduction to Properties on the wiki only helped with the basics. Now I am trying to write properties with larger equation, like... the Dodge Defence Value which is writen out as (Dex + Dodge)/2. Now how would I write this here? I am not sure as to how to take the sum of the Attribute and Ability; and then devide the sum by two.

That was easy when compared to the Peripheral Essence which needs the sum of the 4 virtues (Compassion, Conviction, Temperance and Valor added to the characters willpower and added to the characters Essence multiplied by 7; writen like, (Essence x 7) + willpower (+ the sum of all the virtues)

just wanted to see if you all could throw me a hand on this

jay
RPTools Team

Re: Properties Equation help please for Exalted

Post by jay »

The equations look something like this:

Code: Select all

floor((Dex + Dodge) / 2)

(Essence * 7) + willpower + Compassion + Conviction + Temperance + Valor
In general the RPScript language works like an algebraic equation. It can support the arithmetic operators and parenthesis to keep the precedence correct. It also has some methods available: the floor method above rounds your calculation for Dodge Defence Value down.

DawnDuskSlayer
Kobold

Post by DawnDuskSlayer »

jay wrote:The equations look something like this:

Code: Select all

floor((Dex + Dodge) / 2)

(Essence * 7) + willpower + Compassion + Conviction + Temperance + Valor
In general the RPScript language works like an algebraic equation. It can support the arithmetic operators and parenthesis to keep the precedence correct. It also has some methods available: the floor method above rounds your calculation for Dodge Defence Value down.
Thanks for your time... but, I can't seem to get this to work for me. I wrote out Dodge Defence Value = {floor ((Dex + Dodge) / 2) and it was no good and the other one Periphelar = {(Essence * 7) + willpower + Compassion + Conviction + Temperance + Valor}, for some reason half of the equation vanished... I must be writing this wrong some how

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

What are the {} for? CT & IT don't use them. If you are writing macros for MT tokens, you should probably post your questions their, I'm not up on how that works.

Return to “CharacterTool”