Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 6:47 am 

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Kobold

Post subject: How to load a form created on Abeille
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:08 am 
I know this is probably a stupid question... but I created a basic form template using Abeille and it looks like it automatically saves the form as a jfrm file. I then loaded the newest chartool and found that I have no idea how to load the form. Open just wants token files, so I am now under the impression that the form needs to be in a game setting to use it. Is this true? or am I missing something really obvious? Thanks for your time.

User avatar  Offline
Deity

Post subject: Re: How to load a form created on Abeille
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:03 am 
Boerg wrote:
I know this is probably a stupid question... but I created a basic form template using Abeille and it looks like it automatically saves the form as a jfrm file. I then loaded the newest chartool and found that I have no idea how to load the form. Open just wants token files, so I am now under the impression that the form needs to be in a game setting to use it. Is this true? or am I missing something really obvious? Thanks for your time.

I don't have time to check into it right now, but I seem to remember Jay saying that there was a gamesettingtool exe or something like that in the download zip file of CT. <shrug>

I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

User avatar  Offline
RPTools Team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:19 pm 
All forms go in the game settings file. That is where CT looks for them. See the adopters threads for how to create yourself one.

Kobold

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:11 am 
Ok at least it wasn't an incredibly stupid question. It went a little over my head for now so I am just going to stick with pen and paper. I'll probably retry in another few months to figure it out but what I am looking for can be done relatively easily on excel anyways. Thanks for the response.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]