I haven't had much time to focus on this in a long while. It takes me too much effort to get into the swing of things that I usually burn out within a week. So I'm going to throw this out here in the wild. It's by no means polished or bug-free.
Known working with chartool 1.0 b15. I tried to compile chartool tonight, but failed, so I have no idea about future versions.
This game settings file contains the main book information including
- Major and minor clans
- Clan and Imperial families
- Schools, including advanced and monk
- School techniques - bushi, shugenja, courtier, etc...
- Spells, including maho
- Kiho, Kata, and other Powers
- Equipment, weapons, armor, and others
- Advantages and disadvantages, including ancestors
Abilities, rings, honor, glory, status, taint, insight, money, etc... are all calculated.
Now for the caveats/issues:
- Sometimes things just break for no reason. Chartool has a problem finding ability paths in skills, and when it works, it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't. There isn't any good debugging information to fix this.
- Bogus warnings about databases not detected even though they work fine.
- Forms and styling need work.
- The descriptions are full of typos. I don't really care that much.
- No print support
- Armor isn't complete, but mostly working.
- There are some properties that are just text fields that don't have any effect.