Printing?

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

dorpond
RPTools Team

Printing?

Post by dorpond »

Just curious if there will ever be an option to print the character sheet?

The reason is simple for me: When I unable to play, I need to print my electronic character and give it to the player who will be covering for me. That is where paper is good - tranportable and usable for players who do not use laptops during game like I do.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Paper is so 20th century. ;)
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I have a placeholder in the code for it :) That is in the plan, but is pretty far down on the priority list. If enough people are interested I could bump it up higher. However printing requires character sheets that don't have scrollable tables and lists otherwise the data that isn't in the view area of the scroll pane won't be printed.

adaran
Kobold

Re: Printing?

Post by adaran »

I'd very much like to see printing, though I do see the enormous effort that it would probably involve.

There's a more pressing problem though: I didn't find any way to export the character to anything. If the character can at least be exported into a simple text file (human readable), you get a cheap print function for free, and it's suddenly easy to send the char to people without CharTool. It also should be quick to implement, if I am not mistaken.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

adaran wrote:I'd very much like to see printing, though I do see the enormous effort that it would probably involve.

There's a more pressing problem though: I didn't find any way to export the character to anything. If the character can at least be exported into a simple text file (human readable), you get a cheap print function for free, and it's suddenly easy to send the char to people without CharTool. It also should be quick to implement, if I am not mistaken.
I've added support to output the data to a PDF form. I've also looked into exporting it into a straight text file, but I haven't implemented that yet. None of it has been built though.

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

Screenshot it guys :). Then print the image.

Return to “CharacterTool”