Call for Volunteers

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I've gotten 3 volunteers signed up for adopting the D&D 4e game file. When they are ready they may request more help, but I'll let them ask for that. I'll pass on the list of those people who offered to help with data entry to them as well.

There are still positions open for the rest of the game files.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

jay wrote:By game file I mean the file that is used to configure CT to work for a particular game. I;ve also called it a game settings file in my posts, but they are referring to the same file. The character.xml file is something different.

I've got a game settings file for Hero going, you should take a look and see what needs to be fixed. The Action! System is on the waiting list.
Where would I find it at? Is in with all the zips?
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

RPMiller wrote:
jay wrote:By game file I mean the file that is used to configure CT to work for a particular game. I;ve also called it a game settings file in my posts, but they are referring to the same file. The character.xml file is something different.

I've got a game settings file for Hero going, you should take a look and see what needs to be fixed. The Action! System is on the waiting list.
Where would I find it at? Is in with all the zips?
On windows it would be at C:\Documents and Settings\user-name\.chartool\game\hero.rpgame. It is a zip file and the important file in that zip file is property/property.xml. That describes all of the data.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Thanks. I'll try to give it a once over over the next day or two.
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

jstgtpaid
Giant

4e

Post by jstgtpaid »

I know you are stacked with 4e volunteers, but I will add my name to this list.

I run this tool on Linux, so I may have a different experience than some of the others. But I will chip in however you need. I am not afraid of doing a little coding too in case you want some light lifting in that department.

Steven

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Thanks for the help and welcome to the forums jstgtpaid!

flynnkd
Cave Troll

Volunteer for SW

Post by flynnkd »

I am more than happy to help with the Savage World data files.

Savage Worlds is a core system of course so are you going to have a module type approach to the various games of SW as they all use slightly different data sets - extra skills in some games, extra edges etc basically customising the core rules to the setting rules.

Kevin Flynn
[email protected]
Kevin Flynn

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Welcome flynnkd, and thanks for the help! You are now officially in charge of the Savage Worlds file :) If there is anything that you need please don't hesitate to ask in email or a private message.

The separate game settings files sound best, but lots of separate files can be difficult to maintain. It might also be possible to have one file but only have certain parts of it loaded. I'd have to think about it some more and see if it's needed. Something like that would probably work for stuff that was added though, and not for things that are modified. What do you think might be easiest?

TK
Giant

Post by TK »

I've said I'd help in other threads, but I guess posting here makes it official. Count me in, particularly in 4E if you need more help there.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Actually I have somebody already working on that one. Fobbo is officially in charge and I believe they are already trying to get your spreadsheet to provide a starting point for all of the powers. You should ask him where your help is most needed.

I've not gotten any firm offers of help for the other games so I thought I'd take flynnkd's help before he could get away :lol:

Highland_Piper
Cave Troll

Post by Highland_Piper »

I'll do what I can for GURPS

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Thank you for your help Highland Piper! You are now in charge of the GURPS game settings file. It needs a lot of work, as it is only partially complete. I'll be happy to assist where I can, but I don't have access to these rules and I have never played the game.

I don't have an editor available for game settings files so for now any changes will need to be done by hand. Check the Adopters threads for instructions on how to do this. If there is any help I can provide please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!
Jay

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

If no one else gets time first, I'll do the SR4 one when I get home, but that won't be till August some time (probably the first week).

I don't have any of my books or resources to do it with here
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

iso8859-1
Kobold

GURPS

Post by iso8859-1 »

I've got the rulebooks for the 4th Edition of GURPS (and D&D) and I'd like to assist you guys. Where do I start? What do I need?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Welcome to the forums iso8859-1!

To help on GURPS you would need to contact Highland_Piper & to work on D&D 4e you would contact Fobbo. I've not heard if Highland_Piper has gotten started yet, but currently I think GURPS is in need of the most help.

I don't hav an editor available but you can look at the Adopters: threads for information to get you started. Don't hesitate to post your questions here or on the Adopters thread as needed. You can also email me or pm me with questions. Thank you for your help!

Return to “CharacterTool”