Game Settings File - D&D 4th Edition - Update 07/8

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

jay
RPTools Team

Re: Game Settings File - D&D 4th Edition - Update 07/8

Post by jay »

Right now you have to edit the files directly. I'm working on the editor for them now though. See the Adopters: * threads for details.

Updating to another framework is a lot of work. You have to map the CT properties to Veggiesama's properties in the property/mtPropertyMap.properties file. Then you have to replace the entire property/database/macros.rpdat file with all of Veggiesama's macros. The <name> element in this file contains the name of the macro in MT. The <macroText> element contains the actual macro. An the <macroSetName> element contains a key that is used to group the macros together. You can assign the macros to several different groups using this element:
  • core Macros that are added to all tokens.
  • race.race-name Macros that are specific to a particular race.
  • class.class-name Macros that are specific to a particular class.
  • power.class-name Macros that are for powers.
The last thing you have to do is to update the property/database/powers.rpdat to point to the name of the macro that they add in the <macroName> element. The code used to add the macros won't have to change unless you have macros that don't fit into one of these categories.

If you take this on and get it working, tell me and I'll add it to the set of available games I maintain on the RPTools web site.

Return to “CharacterTool”