Game Settings File - D&D 4th Edition - Update 07/8

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Morfes
Kobold

Post by Morfes »

Ok, got it, thanks :D
By the way, noticed while filling in the character, Black Iron Scale +1 is only giving +5 resist to fire, and not to fire and necrotic as it is supposed to :p

Humble Apostle
Cave Troll

Post by Humble Apostle »

I cannot get CT to select game, despite placing the game file with the rest in my files. I also can't get the zip file to execute for some reason.

Humble Apostle
Cave Troll

Post by Humble Apostle »

ok got it to work, only to find that the class I wish to play, swordmage, is not on the dropdown list. Perhaps changing it to just typing in the class would help?

Edit: Ah it appears that selecting your class and race will fill in the misc stuff. Powers are also limited to phb.

Anywho, good work from what I can tell keep it up!

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

All that I have in the file are PHB classes. I have plans to make it easier to add other material, but I haven't started work on it yet.

Humble Apostle
Cave Troll

Post by Humble Apostle »

thats fine, what I have seen is great so far. Can't wait to see the finished product.

ShadowDragon8685
Kobold

Re: Game Settings File - D&D 4th Edition - Update 07/8

Post by ShadowDragon8685 »

Hi, my friend who just invited me to a 4E game surprised me with this stuff - previously, I'd used OpenRPG.

After having sorted out MapTool and CharTool, I came to find the 4E CharTool template.

Everything looks pretty good, but for one thing; why, oh why, was "Gender" left as a boolean argument?

It's epic fantasy. There are races (such as the psychic insect guys) that people might want to import from previous editions which are asexual, and there are races, possibly custom, which are hermaphrodites.

Mostly good, but I think this field should be a text-entry field instead of a drop-down menu.

[edit] Ah, wow, even the races are hardcoded? Geeze. I'm assuming since this one is still 'in progress' that you're eventually planning to make some dispensation for custom races to enter their own stuff, but you might want to make that a text entry field with recognition code for the default races to fill in their stuff.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

ShadowDragon8685 wrote:Everything looks pretty good, but for one thing; why, oh why, was "Gender" left as a boolean argument?
Easy enough to fix.
ShadowDragon8685 wrote:[edit] Ah, wow, even the races are hardcoded? Geeze. I'm assuming since this one is still 'in progress' that you're eventually planning to make some dispensation for custom races to enter their own stuff, but you might want to make that a text entry field with recognition code for the default races to fill in their stuff.
The races are not hardcoded. They are defined in one of the data files. You can add new races as needed their.

Mortiky
Kobold

Post by Mortiky »

I know that the game file is not in "production" yet, but I wanted to list some of the items that I found so far.

1) My warlock once created and saved is not able to to be opened. I get "The propery descriptor set file (name of tokenfile) is invalid.
2) The paladin powers below never go into ready, even after selecting extended rest.
Bolstering Strike
Enfeebling Strike
Radiant Smite
Radiant Delirium
Martyr's Blessing
Righteous Smite

If there is something that I can do to help with the modification/data entry of this application I would be happy to. I have a background in IT/programming and could probably come up to speed and be of some help (level 1 hobgoblin grunt) :) Let me know.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Could you send me your warlock token file?

I looked at the powers you mentioned and it looks like many of the paladin powers were entered incorrectly. I'm not sure how you even got any of those powers to load as the data had errors in it that caused exceptions. I've fixed them for the next build.

catsclaw227
Cave Troll

Re:

Post by catsclaw227 »

barinax wrote:Here is a public link from my dropbox account. Hopefully it works:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/77719/dnd4e.rpgame
This link is currently dead. Anyone know where I can get this file? I am currently comparing RPTools and Fantasy Grounds for 4e and what I really just need is a program that can allow me to run initiative, set conditions, manage HP/Damage/Healing/TempHP, and manage maps.

It's for a tabletop game, not online, so I don't really need a lot of the in-game VT stuff that much. Mostly I am looking for a 4e DMGenie!

:)

fuzzle
Kobold

Post by fuzzle »

Ive been able to install the rpgame file, but i only seem to get the options of Dwarf and Fighter.

Is there a version that has all the races/classes or have i possibly just done something wrong?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I have a new version of CT coming out soon that will allow you to get all the game settings files off of the web site automatically. Look for it Real Soon Now :)

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

Welcome back Jay!!!
--
Big Mac

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Thanks!

The new version of CT is available with a newer 4e file. IT has support for [url-http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 87&start=0]TK's macros[/url] and printing to a pdf form. I believe that all of the PHB data is entered now. Be sure to post here with any problems you find. The MT macros that are entered into the tool are from before I took my break, so they may no longer work correctly due to all of the MT changes. So they'll need to be updated.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

How would I go about adding Martial Power, Arcane Power, Adventurer's Vault and such to the .rpgame file? Also, is there a way to change the powers from TK to Veggiesama's Framework? :lol:
Time-Zone information UTC -5

Return to “CharacterTool”