Would love to use it, but it won't start...

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

biodude wrote:EDIT / UPDATE:
I found craig's early instructions on downloading and installing JSR 223, and Rhino. Both of those were necessary, though that was a bit more of an involved installation than the other RPTools. Then again, it is still in very early development stages, so I totally understand.

Anyway, it now works. Thank You so much!
Actually there's nothing RPTools can do about that -- it's Apple's fault. :( If they would ship a more current version of the runtime environment, the reference implementation for JSR 223 would already be there.

Get on their web site and bug them about it. I do every time I see a stupid issue like this... They probably direct my email to /dev/null by now. ;)

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Azhrei wrote:
biodude wrote:EDIT / UPDATE:
I found craig's early instructions on downloading and installing JSR 223, and Rhino. Both of those were necessary, though that was a bit more of an involved installation than the other RPTools. Then again, it is still in very early development stages, so I totally understand.

Anyway, it now works. Thank You so much!
Actually there's nothing RPTools can do about that -- it's Apple's fault. :( If they would ship a more current version of the runtime environment, the reference implementation for JSR 223 would already be there.

Get on their web site and bug them about it. I do every time I see a stupid issue like this... They probably direct my email to /dev/null by now. ;)
Their implementation is up to date, they just choose to remove javascript since you would never really need anything other than apple script ;) Its another of Steve Jobs brain farts where he believes no one would need something he doesn't think they need no matter how much use it gets at the moment. You only need to download the JSR 223 implementation for the javascript jars.

mosat
Giant

Re: Would love to use it, but it won't start...

Post by mosat »

Hi All,
I'm a long time user of the tools but I haven't upgraded for a while because I was still using Max OS 10.4.x which doesn't have the latest Java. I've just got a new Intel Mac with Leopard and it and was disappointed to find I still couldn't run the new InitTool. Craig's instructions worked perfectly but it took me a while to find them.

If this forum can do stickies I'd recommend posting a new thread (with a more specific title) and posting those instructions there and making it a sticky. If not maybe put a page up in the documentation page. Thanks.
~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
~ Outputsheet Tamarin & Mac build guru

Return to “CharacterTool”