Conditions/effects tracking?

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Sirius
Kobold

Conditions/effects tracking?

Post by Sirius »

This is a little bit of an annoyance of mine that I think CharTool could be ideal to address. :)

Temporary scores etc are of course helpful and all, but sometimes they can fall a little short. Say someone in the party casts Haste on me, someone else casts Prayer, someone else Barkskin. Then I get Enlarge Person.

That's quite a lot of stats in quite a short space of time. And eventually some of these will fade, perhaps somewhat staggered depending on caster level. If (heavens forbid!) I'm also affected by stuff like negative levels or stat drain, it'll become a nightmare.

Anyway, I'm sure you can see how it might get confusing to keep track of all this stuff. What I'm interested in - are there any plans to add to CharacterTool features that might help with that? I can work out my own systems but really they're a bit of a pain in comparison.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I think the existing functionality in CT could do what your asking. A simple list of all of the current conditions and spell effects could be added to any of the game settings files and the modifiers applied automatically. You would still have to add them and remove them by hand since CT has no concept of time. IT is the tool with time built in so when there is better integration then it will be able to remove things automatically. The only thing I see stopping it is that somebody needs to enter all of the modifiers for all of the conditions and spell effects. That's a lot of work.

Sirius
Kobold

Post by Sirius »

By hand is reasonable, yeah - I didn't see any way to pull something like that off though. (On the other hand, it looks like CharTool has quite a lot of functionality that can't be used yet - I get the impression AC is supposed to be derived from items, there's just no way to add items to a character right now. I think.)

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

For the d20 game settings file? Yes, that is true. I just stopped working on it before I got that far. At the time there wasn't anybody asking for more functionality.

Return to “CharacterTool”